Help with these wires inside P2 V+

Reaction score
W3.png
W3.png
W1.png
W2.png
W3.png
W3.png

Hopefully these pics will show up here? I have had a few problems with my Phantom 2 V+ and asked here before what the problem might be but still unable to figure it out. The problems are a glitchy camera that gets hot and sounds like the motor is moving all the time also 3 out of 4 of the ESC led lights do not work at all it only flashes one green light when it's on. It seems to fly and hold position just fine but the lights and cam have problems. When I took the top off today I looked around at everything with a flashlight and saw the gray small diameter wires looked kind of stripped. You can see in the pics you can actually see the plastic coating is worn off the wires. Could this be causing my problems? Could it be shorting something out and not letting everything work the way it should? If this could be part or all of my problem am I able to order these wires from somewhere? I also noticed that it looks like it may have been in water at one time or another. The guy I purchased it from did not mention that to me. Thank you for any help you can give.

Finally figured out how to post pics!

Last edited:
Sounds like some water could cause the lights to malfunction. I could not view the images but new camera cable are cheap and would be easy troubleshooting

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Mark The Droner
The lights used to work but just stopped a few weeks ago. I have not had it in any water since they stopped working but did clip some branches but it did not crash. I will look up where to order the wires and check out if that works. Thank you. I am not sure how to get the pics to show.

OMG MAN,
J Dot here, definitely moisture most likely ACID! Holy crap. I thought I seen it all. Those wires look chewed to me, like an insect of some sort got in there and had a feast. I've seen fresh and salt water damaged crafts, even one drowned in pool ( chlorine present. ) fresh will rust screw heads like you see on your wifi unit, but I don't see any other rust or water damage ( so I'd assume the wifi was replaced at one time with a water damaged one. ) but need more pics.
Salt water will destroy everything but your plastics. Pools are 2nd worst, as chlorine over time will corrode the anodes on all your circuitry ( capacitors mostly ) ultimately rendering your craft an expensive paper weight,

Although your pics are mostly of your wifi unit, those wires are in HORRIBLE shape, DO NOT FLY ANYMORE, those wires will ultimately burn out your main board. Upon inspection, cam port is still in tact, so we are lucky there. But those bare wires are NOT GOOD!

First I'm going to need complete pics of your craft, naza hookups, every speed control, motor, main boards, receiver, take pics of EVERYTHING. PLEASE,

So far from your pics you need
1) all new gimbal wiring
2) 4 new speed control com cables
3) 2 new receiver cables
And that is just what I can see in your pictures. BUT,
Don't worry my friend, I have everything you need, but if you keep flying, and any wire finally shorts out, it will blow your main board ( the cam port ) causing you to replace it all, if you send me detailed pics of everything, inside battery connection, com ports, mostly , as well as any and all wiring.

We will get you back in order.
Let me know.

Thanks for the alert @dirkclod. :)

J Dot
:cool:
Take care! Usually say fly safe, but please DONT fly at all. YET!

Reactions: dirkclod
Thank you sooooo much for answering my post. I will take pics of everything and post them tomorrow. I will not fly it again till I get it all set up the right way. Thank you again.

OMG MAN,
J Dot here, definitely moisture most likely ACID! Holy crap. I thought I seen it all. Those wires look chewed to me, like an insect of some sort got in there and had a feast. I've seen fresh and salt water damaged crafts, even one drowned in pool ( chlorine present. ) fresh will rust screw heads like you see on your wifi unit, but I don't see any other rust or water damage ( so I'd assume the wifi was replaced at one time with a water damaged one. ) but need more pics.
Salt water will destroy everything but your plastics. Pools are 2nd worst, as chlorine over time will corrode the anodes on all your circuitry ( capacitors mostly ) ultimately rendering your craft an expensive paper weight,

Although your pics are mostly of your wifi unit, those wires are in HORRIBLE shape, DO NOT FLY ANYMORE, those wires will ultimately burn out your main board. Upon inspection, cam port is still in tact, so we are lucky there. But those bare wires are NOT GOOD!

First I'm going to need complete pics of your craft, naza hookups, every speed control, motor, main boards, receiver, take pics of EVERYTHING. PLEASE,

1) all new gimbal wiring
3) 2 new receiver cables
Don't worry my friend, I have everything you need, but if you keep flying, and any wire finally shorts out, it will blow your main board ( the cam port ) causing you to replace it all, if you send me detailed pics of everything, inside battery connection, com ports, mostly , as well as any and all wiring.

Let me know.

J Dot

Hi J Dot. Here are the pics you asked for. I really appreciate you taking a look at everything for me! I would really like to get it so everything is working properly again.

P01 (1024x576).jpg
P01 (1024x576).jpg
P01 (1024x576).jpg
P02 (1024x576).jpg
P01 (1024x576).jpg
P02 (1024x576).jpg
P03 (1024x576).jpg
P04 (1024x576).jpg
P05 (1024x576).jpg
P06 (1024x576).jpg
P07 (1024x576).jpg
P08 (1024x576).jpg
P09 (1024x576).jpg

OMG MAN,

1) all new gimbal wiring
3) 2 new receiver cables

Let me know.

J Dot
OMG MAN,

1) all new gimbal wiring
3) 2 new receiver cables

Let me know.

J Dot

Hello
Ok, a couple things, I need a better pic of this:
image.jpeg

Next,
The top casing to your phantom, looks dirty, I suggest you peel off the RF shielding tape, remove 4 screws holding your gps module in, inspect gps module for damage, clean top casing with soap and water, then reinstall gps, and RF shielding tape.
But I have a list of parts for you, just need that last picture, as stated above.

Also my email is ( [email protected] )
Please send your addy to my email, and I'll get the parts out to you.

Thanks
J Dot

Here is a better pic. The wires all look really bad.
Wire1 (1024x576).jpg

Hello
Ok, a couple things, I need a better pic of this:
View attachment 68663
Next,
The top casing to your phantom, looks dirty, I suggest you peel off the RF shielding tape, remove 4 screws holding your gps module in, inspect gps module for damage, clean top casing with soap and water, then reinstall gps, and RF shielding tape.
But I have a list of parts for you, just need that last picture, as stated above.

Also my email is ( [email protected] )
Please send your addy to my email, and I'll get the parts out to you.

Thanks
J Dot

Yes,
Wires in bad shape, there are a few wires that cannot be replaced without soldering them, that is what the pic was about, but at least those wires look ok. If you send me your address, I'll get the wires out to you, so you can fly again. Hopefully this all fixes your problem, but either way, it is step 1, once completed, we will, diagnose further issues from there, if any?

Thanks for the detailed pics. Let me know?
J Dot

I can't thank you enough for checking all of this out and doing all of this. It is greatly appreciated. I sent you a conversation with my address in it. I wish I would have known about some of these things when I purchased it but I guess you never know when buying used.

Yes,
Wires in bad shape, there are a few wires that cannot be replaced without soldering them, that is what the pic was about, but at least those wires look ok. If you send me your address, I'll get the wires out to you, so you can fly again. Hopefully this all fixes your problem, but either way, it is step 1, once completed, we will, diagnose further issues from there, if any?

Thanks for the detailed pics. Let me know?
J Dot

True,
And you are more than welcome, my friend.
Unfortunately it can be annoying, but on a positive side, you are learning, and pretty soon, you will be helping others, and fixing yours.
They really are not that complicated, coding, firmware, software, now that's intense, but parts, and mechanics of it, are quite simple.

As you swap out your wires, most are cut and dry, but the gimbal wires can be a complete bear. They are routed a certain way, pay close attention, top side not bad, but where they pass through the belly of the craft, this is where it can get tough. You must first, undo the gimbal baseplate on belly of bird, then undo the 2 Phillips head screws holding your USB port into front of craft ( it is down inside belly twords the front of craft ) pay close attention how the wires pass, and order of them as they pass through the plastic hold down cover.( you might need to remove the 4 main board screws to be able to move main board out of your way a bit, for easier access. ) not hard to do so to say, but if any wire is in the wrong spot, you'll be doing it over again. Can be a huge pain in the butt. Once satisfied of placement, then reattach gimbal base plate to phantom belly, and proceed on.

J Dot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31