Help with app signal.

Reaction score
Hello guys,

Im new to flying as said before, I got the vision plus v3. when flying, not far distance at all. can clearly see the drone, my phone will either freeze on the fpv screen or tell me connection lost. I can still control the drone but cant use the app until I restart it.

any ideas on this?

The app works via wifi and you can lose connection if you don't aim the top flat part of the wifi extender on the controller directly at the Phantom while flying because it is a directional antenna with a fairly narrow signal beam. Which app are you using? There are several on the market.

hey, thanks for the quick reply.

I have been making sure it is aimed at the phantom for sure. well I first used the original app, but it started freezing and disconnecting when the phantom was not far away, couple of hundred foot maybe, so I downloaded the Litchi app last night at a cost of nearly £8, used it today and that was ok for about 10 mins, then just started crashing as in stopped working. I had to reboot to start it again, the time this is happening I am still able to control the phantom with the control as normal.

this phantom I only got Wednesday, 4 days ago. Brand new out the box.

Sounds like it could be just a wifi environment issue and not a hardware or app problem. If there are other strong wifi signals in the area, your phone's wifi may drop your Phantom connection and try to connect to a stronger signal. That was happening to me when I flew at a local ball field with residences behind me. My tablet would drop my Phantom wifi and try to connect to the stronger signal behind me. I now run a free Android app called "WiFi Prioritizer" with the Phantom listed at the top so it will stay connected. Some phones have this type of wifi preference option in the wifi settings, so you might check that. Just a guess at what might be happening.

Sounds like it could be just a wifi environment issue and not a hardware or app problem. If there are other strong wifi signals in the area, your phone's wifi may drop your Phantom connection and try to connect to a stronger signal. That was happening to me when I flew at a local ball field with residences behind me. My tablet would drop my Phantom wifi and try to connect to the stronger signal behind me. I now run a free Android app called "WiFi Prioritizer" with the Phantom listed at the top so it will stay connected. Some phones have this type of wifi preference option in the wifi settings, so you might check that. Just a guess at what might be happening.

Thanks for the advice, ill check this out.... Last thing to ask, as its just happened. Just connected my phantom to the computer and it come up with a error 27 msg. GPS not calibrated or magnetic interference. I just calibrated the phantom and disconnected it after completed, then re connected it and the same msg came up. Any idea on this?

Have never seen that. Maybe you have it sitting too close to your computer monitor? Maybe someone else can offer a suggestion.

When in doubt, change locations if you can and remove the software. Download a fresh copy and try again. If you get the same message then I would say it's time to call support. But it may clear up. Give it a try.

I discovered with my p2v+ when using my iPhone 5s I get random video disconnects when I have bluetooth active. The disconnects completely stopped when I turned bluetooth off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers