Help w/ PIX4D CAPTURE

• Thread starter Deleted member 29014
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29014

Every time I map a mission and save it, it saves over (rewrites the previous mission(. Can't figure it out(?)

It does. If in iOS, the drone will continue where it left of. Ic you are on Android, it will start at the beginning of the line it was running at the time of the swap. According to Pix4D, you will have to pause when low battery.

Last edited:
When you hit save, make sure you change from project 1 to your new name. Screenshot_20190402-191358_Pix4Dcapture.jpgScreenshot_20190402-191403_Pix4Dcapture.jpg

As you can see, I created 2 files. One with 3 missions in it and the other a simple mission.
Screenshot_20190402-191647_Pix4Dcapture.jpg
Screenshot_20190402-191652_Pix4Dcapture.jpg

After you are done, just close the app. Next time you open it, just go to project list and they will be there.
Screenshot_20190402-191837_Pix4Dcapture.jpg

If you have any other question, don't hesitate to ask.

It does. If in iOS, the drone will continue where it left of. Ic you are on Android, it will start at the beginning of the line it was running at the time of the swap. According to Pix4D, you will have to pause when low battery.

I'm using IOS, thanks for the answer. I exhausted my search for multi battery instructions w/o luck. Thank you.

So I tried Pix4D on the iPad as soon as I got into the office. Although I wasn't able to change the names, I was able to save various projects. What I did find lacking is the inability to save various missions per project.
20190403_093808.jpg

I was able to save several missions by shutting down the app in between saves. It's all academic now; the job (today) was a complete disaster.
The drone started the 300 ft. orthomosaic mission but would stop and hover every few minutes, Screen read “Going to land.” I RESUME the mission and it would fly ok for a while and stop again. Burned 3 batteries on 100 acres with all the hovering. In my opinion Pix4D Capture is nowhere near the reliability of DD or Map Pilot. The customer insisted on Pix4d; I have declined the job.
I do appreciate your help, Ansia.

I was able to save several missions by shutting down the app in between saves. It's all academic now; the job (today) was a complete disaster.
The drone started the 300 ft. orthomosaic mission but would stop and hover every few minutes, Screen read “Going to land.” I RESUME the mission and it would fly ok for a while and stop again. Burned 3 batteries on 100 acres with all the hovering. In my opinion Pix4D Capture is nowhere near the reliability of DD or Map Pilot. The customer insisted on Pix4d; I have declined the job.
I do appreciate your help, Ansia.
Well that is weird. When I use Pix4D it flies non stop while taking the photos. It only slows down when it has to turn. Also, I was able to create various missions without closing the app on iOS. I don't know if it's your device being evil or mine being weird and working beyond expectations. I also found that the renderings done by Pix4D looked better than DD. I have never played with Map Pilot. I do all the processing with Agisoft Metashape.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl