HELP! Suspected Charger Short Circuit

Reaction score
Hi! I am currently in the depths of India and I think the dodgy power supply has shorted my charger.

-The battery is connected but not charging. The battery can still turn on to check the charge. It is about 75%.

- The light is on the charger block.
- I've switched the cable going into the charger, same result.
- I've switched power sockets, no dice.
- I've switched batteries, no dice on either.
- I am in the ******* middle of nowhere real postage that will make it within the month i am from here.

Is there a short circuit trip or something i can reset? It's killing me to be out here with all this scenery and no way to drone it.

Please help! Any solutions or walkaround would be much appreciated!

All the best,

-Simon

+1 to 4WD.
Power on the battery first, then connect the charger.

If the lights are on, the charger is getting power, so should output the correct voltage. If not, it is possible the charger has failed, but normally the light would stay off in fault condition.

Charging is controlled by battery voltage and if the charger sees a voltage high enough it will not commence to charge.
75% is close in voltage level for this to occur.
Try powering on battery first, as said above.

If the charger light is a steady red, the charger is powered and working properly. Have you been doing battery maintenance by running the battery down below 8% every 20 charges? If you don't do this, the battery will begin to resist taking a full charge.

I would discharge the battery to around 30% first. Then she should resume normal charging. Since Lipoly batteries do NOT retain memory, they should recharge fully no matter the number of cycles....to a point. Depending on the cells, the life should be around 1000 cycles with noticeable pushback at around 95% of the life span. A lipoly cell is destroyed when its voltage dips below 3 Volts. The smart circuit on this particular pack already accounts for that in its OSD readout in FPV.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl