Battery Failure P3P Controller

Reaction score
Hi there,

First of all, I've been looking around different forums the last months and have not picked up a working solution for my problem.

The main issue occured before flight about six months ago. Upon starting the controller, it began beeping with a flashing red light and one white light which I thought indicated critically low battery level. According to the manual, this could be either low battery level or a remote controller error. When plugging the charger into the controller, only the first white LED flashes and still after a while it's the only LED blinking. After a longer while, no LEDs are blinking or lighting. When the charger is disconnected and the controller turned on, it starts chiming and showing the same error as upon previous flight.

As many solutions propose, I have tried reset the controller by pressing C1, C2 and the shutter button with no results. Other people proposed to disconnect the battery for the while, which I tried without any results. While disconnected, I measured the voltage on both cells to be 8.04 Vdc. According to the battery to be a 2S Lipo, its cells should be at 8.4 Vdc in order to be full. I have also read about taking the main board into a reflow oven for a short amount of time, but I doubt this solution.

Could there be any hardware failure related to the balancer or the battery itself? Is there anyone that has had the problem before? Is it a possible solution to rewire the battery to fit an external LiPo balance charger?

Best regards

Edit:
I have also seen many using a reflow heat gun around the areas concerning the battery connector and charging port. I have not tried either this or a reflow oven as stated above. I may try this unless someone is sure and can relate the problem directly to the battery.

Edit 2: I did some reflow after following a video tutorial provided by a member here. Thus, this did not fix the problem. After checking the voltage again on the battery, it now shows 8.15 Vdc

Edit 3: I disassembled the controller once again and took out the battery. What I did so was to connect the battery input on the PCB to a power source and fed it with 7.6 Vdc. At this point, one would expect the "battery" to be low and it will sound alarms. The same happened at 8.15 Vdc. Ultimately, I have read that a 2 cell LiPo is considered fully charged at 8.4 Vdc, so I turned up the power source and it still indicated low battery! I am positive that the wiring was done correctly, so as of now I am afraid that even though the board has power, it does not read the voltage correctly. Any thought on this?

Last edited:
Hola amigo, tengo el mismo problema, compré un p3p como nuevo con este problema, ya tomé la placa a 400 grados Celsius, ahora trataré de alimentarlo con una fuente, así que salgo de dudas si no es un problema de las baterías, porque el propietario anterior no lo usó durante largos períodos de tiempo

Encontré un proveedor que tiene el avance principal phantom 4 en stock, mi control es el gl300a del P3P.
Será que puede servir, así que cambio el plato directamente.
enlace de proveedor adjunto

Attachments

• placa-central-controle-para-drone-dji-phantom-4-advanced.jpg
    placa-central-controle-para-drone-dji-phantom-4-advanced.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 119

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl