Help required with basic flying technique -novice with p3pro

Reaction score
Hi, As a seventy year old novice I'm just starting to fly my P3pro and despite doing a lot of research on line have yet to see a good explanation of how to do smooth turns. Whilst travelling forward do you just put on some bank with the right stick and enough yaw with the left to keep it pointing in the right direction? Finding it slightly strange as the last thing I flew weighed 200 tonnes and was equipped with a turn and slip indicator.

Hi, As a seventy year old novice I'm just starting to fly my P3pro and despite doing a lot of research on line have yet to see a good explanation of how to do smooth turns. Whilst travelling forward do you just put on some bank with the right stick and enough yaw with the left to keep it pointing in the right direction? Finding it slightly strange as the last thing I flew weighed 200 tonnes and was equipped with a turn and slip indicator.
Hi i just keep mine smooth nice and by bein easy on remote input as u wrote above bit of yaw :)

If you just want a smooth turn, you can just keep the right stick forward and left stick yaw to the right a bit. You're not going to be banking this type of aircraft much, if any. It's meant to fly pretty much upright and level.

Reactions: Laar
Thanks Lobot. I have actually considered that. Couldn't decide whether to change things or go with the flow. Guess I need to make up my mind fairly sharpish though.

I had same challenge - went with the default, still sometimes get briefly caught though, I found it really difficult and counter intuitive at first to train my subconscious movements to relearn - choose carefully, it's important. Best of luck [emoji106]

Thanks for that guys. Guess I am going to have to relearn everything - especially the urge to pull back on something when I want to go up!

I started out on a Cyma $50 quad, and learnt a lot from watching 'quadcopter 101' videos on YouTube.
The guy is good if your starting out. Learned how to do very smooth banked turns from him. Good luck!

Go ahead and do coordinated turns if that's what you are used to. If they are gentle turns and you are recording, the gimbal will smooth it out. Fly, enjoy, experiment, have fun!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31