first off things i have done and tired,
no foam or clips on camera / gimbal
new props from dji
calibration gimbal
imu calibration
checked all motor screw all tight
checked small black pin screw on gimbal arm thats also tight
updated firmware

this is a video i got earlier today to show what is actually happening, its not super bad but its bad enough to cause me some stress ahah, if any one has any idea please help me out!
appreciated Dean.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

no foam or clips on camera / gimbal
Are you 100% sure that there is no small piece of foam above your gimbal?

Your video looks like there is, and we had one guy recently who didn't see his small piece of foam for a year. Maybe worth another quick check?

All I can think of is maybe balance the props (even though they're new)

Yes, balancing the props might possibly help - although dji props (if that's what you have) are usually fairly well balanced from the factory - but it's still worth a check. Search here or on Youtube for how to do it.

It's also worth trying to find the source of the problem by carefully observing exactly what's happening as the AC hovers right in front of you. ie:

a) Is the AC itself shaking and the camera gimbal is failing to compensate adequately?

b) Is the AC totally stable with absolutely no shaking and does the shake originate solely from the gimbal?

That will at least help you narrow the possible problem(s) down a bit more.

There is a small white cube of foam hiding under the gimble did you remove this one ...looks like this

DSC_0354.JPG

Last edited:
To me it doesn't appear gimbal related. It appears the bird starts shaking the moment the props started turning. No recent bumps or crashes? Something appears to be out of round...

Hi, I can understand that you are new to drones.
It appears that:
1) You flew out of visual line of sight
2) You flew with a higher altitude than 400'
3) You were flying over a congested area

Sent from my F3311 using PhantomPilots mobile app

hi all thanks for the rapid reply, much appreciated, i have definitely removed all the foam from the camera, the drone has had a slight bump from the guy i got it off, but it all seems to look ok, the camera moves correctly and don't seem to jam up of be out of line, i did notice the arm that comes from the plate that has the small grub screw in at the top was slightly brushing on the plate, i have moved it down so it freely swings left and right without rubbing on the plate, i have also took the back plate off the camera and the pin seems to be aligned correctly with the camera, I'm going to try it out again once it is light outside today see if it is any better, also yes i am new to flying john young, and i did fly out of the line of sight i didn't go anywhere near 400 it was more like 185 and id did fly in a congested area, I'm not sure if you noticed but i do live in an absolute sh£$t hole, mind my french but most of the people on this housing estate are ether sniffing powder, drunk and fighting in-between stealing your stuff, and I'm here like I'm just playing with my drone, so i don't really worry about it, i mean if i was out in the city i would probably be a little mature about it, and as for my garden hahahah well ye its winter and it could do with a clean looking at everyone else garden it makes mine look super untidy oops :/

Reactions: kirk2579
the drone has had a slight bump from the guy i got it off...

You didn't mention that in your initial post. what kind of "slight bump"? It could have affected something on the gimbal or the AC itself that you can't see, even though you calibrated the gimbal and IMU...

hey guys, so i have been out this morning after unscrewing that small grub screw on the arm and dropping it down slightly and it is as smooth as butter now :), thanks for all the help and rapid reply, i didn't mention the bump because it was more of a fall over from ground hight while the guy who was trying to sell it me was trying to land it on a slight bump on the grass! didn't look too good from his point of sale altho i did get a £100 off the price, it come with an iPad mini 1 i noticed there is an app update out on the apple store but it says my iPad is not compatible :S, i was going to try it on my iPad 3 but thats just way to big to be strapping to the controller.. anyway i seem to have read lots of people with this jitter problem in the video most seem to have left that foam on, but lots like me didn't and know one seemed to know why it was happening, i guess there is a number of reasons why it could happen but no one mentions to check if the arm was very slightly rubbing on the plate, so if if any seems to be getting this problem to i would recommend checking that, i did put a tiny bit of lube (not of the sexual type) on it at first because i didn't realise that the arm could be dropped down slightly and that didn't really work, but I'm super happy now its all smooth :), i will post a video of the flight i did just so people can see the difference and it may help some people who have the same problem, once again thanks all and i look forward to getting in to more discussions across the site.
Dean

" mind my french but most of the people on this housing estate are ether sniffing powder, drunk and fighting in-between stealing your stuff, and I'm here like I'm just playing with my drone, so i don't really worry about it, i mean if i was out in the city i would probably be a little mature about it"

LMAO, I guess it's ok to maim / kill them then, they have no value as human beings.

haha to be honest i don't think i could cause them anymore damage than what they cause to there own body, infact if my drone did drop from the sky and hit one of them there is more chance it would knock some sense in to them than hurt them...

Glad you sorted it - I too have the mini iPad (v1) but happy with the app version I have 3.0.1 and works just fine, plus I'm not going to bother with the new firmware 1.10 either for the moment! _ go enjoy your flying now!

Hey dean don't let these wankers piss on your parade!! I'm sure many of them saying you flew over 400 are from America. In England where the FAA doesn't exist. I'm sure you have rules and regs but they are the ones that max out flights, just love to hate. Never mind them. I don't know what on earth is going on with your camera?!?! Did you say you bought it used? I did mine and also found that some of the props were worn and threads were shot. You need to remember that props are temporary. I replace mine every 20 flights or so. 12 bucks is far cheaper than a 1000. I know when you turn on the Phantom the camera corrects itself and pulls straight. Maybe it could be a balance issue within cameras gyro. First I would try with the blades. Replace them. Like said they are pretty balanced from DJI. Do not buy any of them from 3rd party unless you know they are official OEM! I've gone down that road. Just because they say DJI don't mean they are. The Chinese are horrible at this sort of thing. CHEERS

Sent from my SM-N920V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Apilot101
But we do have the CAA and similar rules DO apply here, just saying don't shoot the messenger! Height, distance and congested area do apply here. Just be sensible...:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers