Help please on firmware

Reaction score
HI Guys just trying to download firmware to P3 and dragged the bin over to micro card, made a dddd noise then nothing for 30 mins. took card out and opened it to see if it said success or not and it says......Abort and then (The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft). Does it mean its already been done. Thanks Ian

Mine always makes a dddd noise once when I turn it on. So, it sounds like that is the case.

The newest birds are coming out of the factory w/ the firmware already updated. You're good to go.

Reactions: stinkbomb
The beeping pattern should change when complete and there should be a .txt file on the card. Open the text file and check if was a successes. Make sure you delete the .txt file before you upgrade the tx so you cand check that also. I had to reformat my sd card before it would start the upgrade process.

so I started her up again with the card inserted and its still yellow flashing on the back lights very rapidly but no beeping either. also tried the app on ipad air 2 and it says disconnected .quick start guide syas needs firmware update if that's the case. Probably missing something easy but cant think what. Do you think I should delete everything on the card and re-download from dji store. sorry guys.

so I started her up again with the card inserted and its still yellow flashing on the back lights very rapidly but no beeping either. also tried the app on ipad air 2 and it says disconnected .quick start guide syas needs firmware update if that's the case. Probably missing something easy but cant think what. Do you think I should delete everything on the card and re-download from dji store. sorry guys.
Well, what's the file on the card say? No beeping generally means it's already up to date. The file will confirm that. You also have to update the controller in order to fly. Same deal there, read the file it spits out and it'll tell you if you're good. Hint: "ABORT" means it's up to date.

No beeping could mean that the firmware is up to date or it hasn't started. Mine did that the first time. I put the .bin file on a new card. (Saw the card was already preformatted.) It was just sitting there with lights flashing and no beeping. I thought I was messing up the update and was nervous about turning the power off. Finally after a couple of attempts, I tried reformatting the card and putting the .bin file back on it. It started updating (beeping) after that.

Should say in the app if the firmware is up to date.

I have two P3Ps... They do not act the same. I for one ignored the beeping because I only heard the beginning beeps not the beeps at the end. One of the updates it sounded like a dot matrix printer and another was silent. All have been successful. I noticed different SD cards seem to make different noises. All this is being said so that you do not rely on the beeps because for me after 6 firmware updates they are not all the same.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav