Help....newbie

Reaction score
I was flying yesterday at 200 ft when my phantom went into RTH all by it self. I had 3/4 battery still left. I lost all control for 6 seconds then regained control and landed the phantom with the remote. When it got to the ground it was blinking a slow yellow but I had the remote controling it which hasnt happened before. I went home put a fresh battery in it and got blinking green at start up, but if i pick it up with the propellers off and tilt it to the side with the remote right beside it . I get the slow blinking lights gain. Now I am afraid of a fly away. Any help out there.

Yellow lights indicate ATTI mode. Either it lost GPS or you hit the switch.

If you put your hand on top of it you are covering the GPS antenna and it will lose GPS. The same thing if you turn it on its side (away from satellites).

thanks I didnt think of that, I just had never lost gps signal before and wanted to test it without flying.

Tilting the copter on its side probably dropped some of the satellites. If it went below 6 then you lost GPS lock and went in to the no GPS mode which is atti.
Be sure before you fly that you have both satellite lock and home lock established. Don't understand why your quad did a RTH all by itself. The Failsafe kicks in after you lose contact with the RC or you turn off the remote or if you had the S1 switch set up in NAZA modes as bottom position for Failsafe. It does the RTH because something happens,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan