P4 Firmware HELP...NEWBIE...STATUS LIGHTS

Reaction score
I have a new, never flown PHANTOM4, a few years young. Don't ask why LOL. The screen will not connect to the drone. THE STATUS LIGHTS are FLASHING red/green.
The camera remote control up/down is ok. all other connection/power LEDs are OK...
Any help appreciated....
Cheers from New Zealand

Which status lights,,on the rear drone arms,,why so many years,,had to ask,using USB from remote to device..red and green is downlink disrupted,,,tryed relinking.....welcome which part of NZ you at..I'm in waikane kapity coast

Reactions: Capt KO
Hi Kapiti LOL
Im going to have to rethink and reread this..Im going off half cocked I feel. The blinking lights go off to green flashing if I lift the drone 700mm off the bloody bench but the controller still wont connect. Ill try down loading software to the drone again..... I just may have pulled out too early.
HAHA....no real excuse not to have used it.... a lot of work things got in the way and had to concentrate efforts elswhere....now have plenty of time on hands.

Hi Kapiti LOL
Im going to have to rethink and reread this..Im going off half cocked I feel. The blinking lights go off to green flashing if I lift the drone 700mm off the bloody bench but the controller still wont connect. Ill try down loading software to the drone again..... I just may have pulled out too early.
HAHA....no real excuse not to have used it.... a lot of work things got in the way and had to concentrate efforts elswhere....now have plenty of time on hands.
Ah yes let it Finnish or issues arise..there is a manual pdf that can be downloaded if unsure how things work or to refresh the mind,,but just ask if stuck,,there is a method for manual linking aswell if app wont open,I find it and post it ,,,this manual link process....try this first before doing firmware,,the firmware might have worked so try link the pair first............edit um you lifting drone up and getting green flash is good,,that's got GPS locks when green flash only,,this tells me that it is linked or it will flash the fast yellow,,slow yellow is atti mode which is no GPS lock,,no sats in flight will make drone drift with wind like the little drones,can be dangerous if not used to it,,,,it really is bit much to explain without causing confusion so download the manual and read it a few times so it becomes natural,,what colour is light on remote ? Do they all go green when on .if they do its linked and should check the firmware update worked.....ps fast yellow is remote disconnect ,slow yellow atti mode
Screenshot_20200406-163501_Gallery.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Capt KO
Many thanks for all this....much appreciated and noted. Before I do any thing that's stuffs it up even more......
This is whats happening now...I have successfully downloaded the software ok...all good.
I can operate the camera gimble up/down from the controller ok...but that's all...so there must be communication between the 2.
The controller remains DISCONNECTED from the drone....re any further operating functions.!!
I have torn hair out trying all to get it to connect to no avail.
It will be some dumb arse thing I've missed through being a dumb arse :D:D:D
cheers

Um has the remote version been updated or still on previous,,almost symptoms of mis match of firmware,,you are using USB from remote to device ay,there is 3 black lines top right on home screen,pressing these for 3 secs will bring up version you have and should give you option to update if ones available, I fire mine up and get some screenshot pictures

3 black line's ,,if remote got old version a update will show here
Screenshot_20200407-100224.jpg
Screenshot_20200407-100256.jpg
does yours look like this,,is your enter device black or blue down bott right
Screenshot_20200407-100705.jpg

The RC is connecting to the AC just fine, otherwise you could not controll the gimbal.
You can confirm this by flying your drone without a smartdevice atached to the RC (see page 58 of the manual on how to start/stop the motors (CSC)).
The problem is the RC is not connecting to your smart device.
Try another USB cable and/or another smart device.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31