Help needed filming - Bristol UK - Paid

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post in so I apologise if not.

I'm looking for a drone owner/operator in the Bristol area to help me get some pick-up shots for a short personal project I am working on. I need a drone that can shoot 4K so I'm looking for the level of a DJI Phantom 4 or better.

I have a bit of flexibility regarding dates but I would need to shoot in daylight hours on either 2nd, 4th, 5th or 6th of January, with the later dates being preferable. We'll be looking at a 10:30am start and be wrapped around 4:30pm. I will buy you lunch on the shoot and can offer £50 as a flat payment to include expenses. We would meet at my place or in central Bristol and I will drive us to the various locations needed.

I imagine this role would suit a student, recent graduate or hobbyist - I'm a professional DP and documentary cameraman and there may be an opportunity to use some of my camera kit to cover some non drone shots if you're interested in gaining experience of this - this isn't a requirement of the role so don't worry if not.

If you're interested please respond by emailing/direct messaging me directly with the following info:

• Availability on the dates - 2nd, 4th, 5th & 6th January. (4th-6th preferable.)
  • A short bio about yourself - a couple of lines, not pages.
  • Any production experience and links to any drone footage.
  • The model of drone you own.

Please only respond if you have the relevant equipment and can commit to one of these dates.

Many thanks,

Jase

@swoot

It clearly states that this is a personal project - i.e. no budget and I've also highlighted that the role would be best suited for a student or hobbyist, somebody looking for experience. It might not be of interest to you but perhaps it would be to someone on the forum - to that end I'm not sure why you bothered to post.

Anyway, thanks for your input - you've made this forum feel quite unwelcoming.

On reflection my post was a little harsh, I'm sorry. You're asking someone to give up a day, travel to location and use personal kit, I just think you will struggle with that offer. If you are ever around Sheffield, I will make a genuine offer to help if I could. Apologies again.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I think it would be kinda cool to do but then again, the few DPs I've had the displeasure of directly working with were megalomaniacs surrounded by their posse of yes men.

DP turns to yes man #1 and says "these reds don't look red enough, what do you think?"

Yes Man #1 turns to yes man #2 and says "these reds don't look red enough, what do you think?"

Yes Man #2 turns to yes man #3 and says "these reds don't look red enough, what do you think?"

Yes Man #3 runs over to me and says "these reds don't look red enough, what do you think?"

I say "the reds are fine, the colors were just calibrated and they are set to industry standards."

Yes Man #3 turns to yes man #2 and says "the tech says..."

I worked as a field engineer for a major projector manufacturer and had some installed at studios here.

On reflection my post was a little harsh, I'm sorry. You're asking someone to give up a day, travel to location and use personal kit, I just think you will struggle with that offer. If you are ever around Sheffield, I will make a genuine offer to help if I could. Apologies again.

I didn't see anything wrong with your post personally. At minimum an 8 hour day at $7.65/hr to use you, your time, experience, and your $1000 drone.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic