Help, need to unlock ASAP

Reaction score
I'm doing a job near a small municipal airport. It's not in class E and not controlled, so I was unpleasantly surprised to see that I was locked out.

What do I need to do to unlock? I am away from home and my computer that has my dji app, or whatever it was that I used to get set up with dji. I do have a laptop with me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Where is it exactly? What is the exact message?
Is it in a Restricted or Prohibited area?
Is there a TFR in place?

If it's a DJI authorization area, you should be able to agree to that right on your phone.

It's a couple of miles from Hanford Municipal airport in California. I can't take off. The screen says I must unlock. I went through that process once a couple of months ago, but couldn't complete it because I didn't have any way to connect to my P4P. Not sure what you mean about doing that on my phone.

Click on more,then Geo unlock 1512672580545509522273.jpg15126726897861966602333.jpg1512672730454869834605.jpg,does this help,

If it's Yellow Zone on your map you can unlock it. Use your phone as a hotspot to go through the unlock process. You have to have your Controller serial number to type it in. Like ianzone posted above. If your in a big airport area and it's Red in your map. You can't unlock that one!

I went to a starbucks and unlocked it. What I dont understand is how my controller knows it's unlocked since i didn't connect to it.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
I'm going to try it now. I think it worked, but I'm wondering how it works. How is the controller "informed"?

I'm going to try it now. I think it worked, but I'm wondering how it works. How is the controller "informed"?
Your app is unlocked and then plugged into your controller. But I'm assuming that it gets the geofencing directly on the bird and the bird gets that to the controller when turned on.

I'm in the same boat again. I was able to unlock on site the last time, but today I couldn't remember what I did so I'll try again tomorrow. But if someone could go through this with me step by step I would appreciate it. I did set my phone to be a hotspot. I selected on the screen than I wanted to unlock and it said "engaged" but from there could not access any other screens. (I'm using a P4P+).

Thanks in advance for any help.

(How do I access the DJI Go app from the P4P+ screen?)

Last edited:
Reactions: $kyWalker
Here's a DJI tutorial on how to unlock the yellow authorization zones.

If you don't have internet access where you are flying, you need to do the unlock in advance somewhere that you do have internet access.

If I'm on station, all I need to do is have my iphone/hotspot on and linked to my controller, and then I make the appropriate selections on the screen when I attempt to fly. Is that correct? I want to be sure I have it right this time. Thanks.

Also, I don't understand how to unlock a zone if I am not on station. What device should I use to log into their system? Does it need to be through my P4P+ screen? Can I just go to the website through a browser? They leave out a couple of steps on this video.

If I'm on station, all I need to do is have my iphone/hotspot on and linked to my controller, and then I make the appropriate selections on the screen when I attempt to fly. Is that correct? I want to be sure I have it right this time. Thanks.
Yes.

Also, I don't understand how to unlock a zone if I am not on station. What device should I use to log into their system? Does it need to be through my P4P+ screen? Can I just go to the website through a browser? They leave out a couple of steps on this video.
Yes, you would use a computer to access the DJI Geo system to unlock in advance.

I'm usually pretty good about these kinds of things but it feels to me that a step is missing in the instructions and none of this is working for me. I was on the site this morning and had my phone set up as a hot spot and when it wouldn't let me take of I pressed the screen and it just said "engaged" and nothing else. Nothing more for me to click. Then I found that there was a setting that I could disable, and that worked. So now I'm wondering what good is locking anyone out if that feature can be disabled? (I disabled something. I don't remember what it was). Anyway, thankfully I got the job done.

Note that I also had some problems with it setting a very low altitude limit and I had to land it and take off again and that corrected itself.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4