Help me Phantom 3 Crash using auto take off

As has been said, why would one want to use Auto Takeoff - because it's there?
Far safer to have full control of the aircraft I would think, like RH, I always do the actual landing bit - it seems to come down so fast I don't trust the brakes :(

Reactions: RodPad
As has been said, why would one want to use Auto Takeoff - because it's there?
Far safer to have full control of the aircraft I would think, like RH, I always do the actual landing bit - it seems to come down so fast I don't trust the brakes :(

Man you really don't get this do you? :rolleyes:

They have Air Brakes!! ;)

When it is landing itself It has to slow down. The closer it gets to the ground the Air Pressure builds up. Its just simple Physics.

That's why they are Air Brakes!! :D

Rod

Sorry Rod, only fixed wing planes have "Air Brakes" :D in the literal sense of the word, helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft, including drones just have horizontal propellers which, in the case of drones, can either speed up, giving more lift, or slow down giving less lift. Helicopters have variable pitch rotors (collective control) to increase/decrease lift and rotate at a constant speed.
Having flown both fixed and rotary wing planes over my 80 years, I am fully aware of Air Brakes :D but as I said, I'd rather be in control of the most dangerous phase of flying any aircraft, the landing! All modern planes are capable of (almost) fully automatic landing (as long as the airfield is equipped with at least CAT lll ILS) but other than in exceptional circumstances, the pilot will always land the plane. :cool:
So no, drones do not have Air Brakes:D

Last edited:
Reactions: Quest-So and RodPad
Oh that technical Aircraft stuff, my dad is 82 and still has a pilot license. :D

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl