Help me Phantom 3 Crash using auto take off

Reaction score
Hello, i just crashed my PHANTOM 3 professional using auto take off, drone was in GPS mode with 20-22 GPS SAtelites-P mode on the remote i just used auto take off feature on my Android phone, drone started taking off however it drifted to the opposite direction i was scared and wanted to land it, throttle to 0 and phantom was upside down is there some kind off problem with software it self ? also app is telling me to update software.

Hello, i just crashed my PHANTOM 3 professional
We can only guess without the flight data to see what occurred. It appears you are new, so I will presume you are not familiar with that. You will need to first upload the flight log file from your device to this link below ( Instructions are on the link ). If that proves indeterminate, we would need to see the aircraft file. For now, see this link. Once you upload, place a link back here to that and we can take a look: Log Viewer

I can't upload files i don't know why file is in flightrecords folder and it's txt format
That is the flight log. It has to be converted to a readable format, such that we can see the data. That is why you need to upload it. Can't is not an option if you want to know what happened. Might I ask why you can't upload files?

I will add 2 more things, if I might. Have you read the entire manual? At least three times? These aircraft are not toys.
Go here if you have not: P3P Full Manual

Reactions: giorgimonk
I will add 2 more things, if I might. Have you read the entire manual? At least three times? These aircraft are not toys.
Go here if you have not: P3P Full Manual
i had other drones before phantom including DJI s1000 have some experience flying drones however i think it's some kind of software bug ?? or hardware problem i bought drone used
Thank you

i think it's some kind of software bug ??
Just a quick look, but looks like Pilot error to me. You gave forward elevator immediately after leaving the ground.Then full down throttle, and the RC inputs are all over the place.

Capture.PNG

Just a quick look, but looks like Pilot error to me. You gave forward elevator immediately after leaving the ground.Then full down throttle, and the RC inputs are all over the place.

View attachment 109311
Yes i gave forward elevator because it started drifting i think it was following wind direction drone was not facing me so forward elevator should do the opposite if im correct , also i gave it full down throttle because i couldn't control drone it went 12mph?? without me doing it also i don't know how could it happen because Drone was in GPS mode and compass was calibrated

Second look with attitude values....Still looks like pilot error IMO.

Capture2.PNG

Yes i gave forward elevator because it started drifting
When using auto takeoff, you should never give inputs until hover.You were only approx .4 meters from the ground when you gave the elevator.

View attachment 109311

It wasn't pilot error as far as I can tell - at least not the initial problem. The aircraft began to drift significantly during auto-takeoff:

Graph0_1.png

That drift was not driven by stick inputs, and does not appear to have been due to a compass error:

Graph2.png

@giorgimonk,
Welcome to the Forum!
Kind of a short flight. ;)

Any damage?

How many flights have you had?

Rod

@giorgimonk,
Welcome to the Forum!
Kind of a short flight. ;)

Any damage?

How many flights have you had?

Rod
Hello, it was first one no damage some scratches on the propellers and one of the gimbal's vibration damper was missing but found it, i am going to use auto take off again and see what happens

Reactions: RodPad
FlyDawg -- how/where do you produce all these amazing graphs? I have spent the last two hours trying to do it in 2008 Excel but just can't fathom it out. I've entered the time and height data from the flight log into columns 1 & 2 but just can't get Excel to produce a chart!!!
Maybe I'm just too old :confused:

@sar104 Didn't have enough time to examine much more than I did from the log file, but I think I see the drift prior to the elevator command. Is this what you were seeing along the x and y axes, approx 1 second prior? I don't think it can be further diagnosed without the aircraft .dat.

Drift1A.png

Hello, it was first one no damage some scratches on the propellers and one of the gimbal's vibration damper was missing but found it, i am going to use auto take off again and see what happens
Do you mostly use Auto Take off?
I don't like it, I think it should hover over your head, nothing below that.

I use with litchi missions, just because it saves time (Battery for the flight)

The .dat file is kind of pain to retrieve, but I would recommend learning how to do it and share it.

It's large file, you need some kind of drop box, etc to share it.
You need everything powered on, and a PC hooked to the USB port on the front of the Phantom.

Rod

FlyDawg -- how/where do you produce all these amazing graphs? I have spent the last two hours trying to do it in 2008 Excel but just can't fathom it out. I've entered the time and height data from the flight log into columns 1 & 2 but just can't get Excel to produce a chart!!!
Maybe I'm just too old :confused:

Look up @BudWalker
CsvView/DatCon

Rod

Reactions: Oso
Before you do that did you look at the link?
That is his web sight..

Rod

Reactions: Quest-So and Oso
everything seems to be working now even auto take off, maybe aircraft couldn't auto take off and hover because it was too windy, thank for the helpful tips, enjoying the forum !!

Reactions: RodPad

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik