Help Litchi App, DJI Go or another

Reaction score
I have A P3S and I am using A Nexus 7 tablet with DJI Go. I have noticed my video and flight records are lagging behind and with all the stories of fly aways I am concerned. I am thing of purchasing the Litchi app. Do you think this is really worth it and is it safe. I fly for fun and would like to start doing more and pushing it out further. Is there another app you would recomendar. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

So I assume you have no trouble either Litchi App. Do you use the DJI Go app for anything. I appreciate the help

I use DJI GO app for stuff like calibrate IMU and compass and Gimbal. but I fly strictly with Litchi. I can change from FPV to Waypoint on the fly. or change to follow as I see something on the fly. Stop and do a pano on the fly. It's great. I make all my missions as the last stop is over me or home take off place.

If I turn on the craft and start DJI Go to calibrate compass when done I kill the app then start Litchi and fly or load a mission. If GO gives me a compass error Litchi will also.

Reactions: Vichian-Bruno
Litchi not gonna stop flyaway if that is to happen; which as far as i know mostly caused by hardware and calibration problem, not flight software in your phone/tab.
But yes its a better app than dji go in the sense that it has loads of features missing from the former. Litchy waypoint mission and its mission hub is the only reason i fly my p3p regularly.

You will still need your dji go though, for the reason BryanTX mentioned.

Would like to note that switching between dji go and litchi in android 6 is pain in the ***. Maybe in iOS its more straightforward but not gonna spend another $30 to find out :)

Sent from my SM-N910H using PhantomPilots mobile app

I use DJI GO app for stuff like calibrate IMU and compass and Gimbal. but I fly strictly with Litchi.

So do I generally, apart of compass calibration, I also use Litchi app.
There are some settings you only can set in DJI Go, but those settings are not required to change for each and every flight.
I use an Android cell phone for GO and a Samsung tablet with Litchi installed for flying, for me a very convenient solution.

So do I generally, apart of compass calibration, I also use Litchi app.
There are some settings you only can set in DJI Go, but those settings are not required to change for each and every flight.
I use an Android cell phone for GO and a Samsung tablet with Litchi installed for flying, for me a very convenient solution.
I use Litchi for IOS. You can [now] calibrate the compass in Litchi also. I haven't tried it because I fly close to home and it hasn't been necessary. My motto is don't mess with a good compass calibration. The IMU and gimbal I calibrate quite often and that requires Go app.
Love my Litchi.

Reactions: W2JFI
I have started to use Litchi as well. Seems to start up faster on my galaxy s5 and runs smooth. Plus I have Google maps back which is huge for me since I like to fly over the alleys or streets of my neighborhood and try to avoid flying directly over someone's house. The video feedback is good with little lags

Sent from my SM-G900V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Dounin Front
I have started to use Litchi as well. Seems to start up faster on my galaxy s5 and runs smooth. Plus I have Google maps back which is huge for me since I like to fly over the alleys or streets of my neighborhood and try to avoid flying directly over someone's house. The video feedback is good with little lags

Sent from my SM-G900V using PhantomPilots mobile app
Ditto about Google Maps:)

I too use both apps (on IOS iPad) with all the the benefits of both. Google maps was and is always the DJIGO and Litchi map app on IOS. - as I understand it, it's Android that went 'Here' Maps (DJIGO and Litchi), perhaps they have reverted to Google Maps recently?

- Phantom P3A & P3P -
Sent from my iPad Pro using PhantomPilots App

I too use both apps (on IOS iPad) with all the the benefits of both. Google maps was and is always the DJIGO and Litchi map app on IOS. - as I understand it, it's Android that went 'Here' Maps (DJIGO and Litchi), perhaps they have reverted to Google Maps recently?

- Phantom P3A & P3P -
Sent from my iPad Pro using PhantomPilots App
No, sadly the DJI Go app has not reverted to Google Maps. Here is a screen shot taken moments ago from their latest version on my iPad comparing both apps. Since this is my area it really affects me. The Go app is many years behind the map Litchi uses. See the same location below.

IMG_0027 (800x600).jpg

IMG_0028 (800x600).jpg

Pros for Litchi:
- Autorecording
- Waypoint admin on web
- Auto upload of flightlogs to healthydrone.com

Pros for DJI GO 4:
- 32 Channel hack
- Smother UI

Other then that, much is the same Litchi vs GO

Cheees

Pros for Litchi:
- Autorecording
- Waypoint admin on web
- Auto upload of flightlogs to healthydrone.com

Pros for DJI GO 4:
- 32 Channel hack
- Smother UI

Other then that, much is the same Litchi vs GO

Cheees

I agree the auto record setting has really been helpful for me
The Waypoint admin on the web [Litchi Hub] is the only way to set up a mission for me. Worth the price right there.
I have never needed more channels and always use auto-channel mode. Clean air I guess.
Manual flying in Litchi might be more radical than in Go. I wonder if Litchi ignores the Sensitivity, Gain and Exp settings I have set up in Go for smoother control? It's ok, I'm just used to it being smoother.
And I love the speech feedback in Litchi. It's like having a copilot.

I'd say no, Litchi considers... at least my intention after changing some values in Go and flying with Litchi I have smoother control of movements.
You are correct - I just received an answer back from Litchi about how it handles mods to sensitivity, etc set up in the Go App. It does use them in manual flight mode. So that's another plus for Litchi.
Here is their response:
Subject: Does Litchi ignore settings in Go app?
FEB 20, 2017 | 10:11AM UTC
Litchi replied:
Hi,

When flying manually (full manual control only, not Focus, Track etc), then Litchi will use the same settings as you have in DJI Go.

Kind Regards,
Litchi
Online help at Help - Litchi
FEB 18, 2017 | 04:35PM UTC
Original message
Richard wrote:

I have a P3 advanced and I have the EXP, Gain and Sensitivity setting
reduced for smoother control.
Does Litchi ignore the modifications I've made in Go when I fly manually in
Litchi? It seem a bit more radical in Litchi.

Reactions: Loz
I would expect the RC settings to be stored and executed by the RC and not dependent on any app or API.
Put it this way: how does it respond without connecting a mobile at all?
Of course even with the control settings handled by the RC itself, an app could reset them to defaults on startup but that would be a bad design.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez