Help Handset will not connect/ see the drone after the update

Reaction score
hi all ive updated the P4 to the latest firmware and even factory reset it again an reinstalled it will not see my handset i just get the disconnected in the dji app,

the handset when im all set up trying too connect just flashes red/green

i use a iphone an deleted the app then reinstsalled it again,

i can not update the handset anyway at all it just wont, ive tried searching around for the files to use a usb update but no luck there, is it even possible?

any help at all please as ive come away on holiday too photo a family holiday/wedding and the giants causeway

In the Go 4 app, press and hold on the three lines in the top right corner of the first screen (one with the photo of the drone on it).

Release after a few seconds and you'll get the firmware menu for the controller...

Hi there thanks for the tip just tried it an got this no option of any updates
bf2771710ad3b4b4d35ca8ecd2a00acf.jpg

Just to be clear did you actually update the controller firmware before you did the aircraft update?

nope ive never updated the controller before
ive alway just used the dji go app to update the firmware on the drone,

nope ive never updated the controller before
ive alway just used the dji go app to update the firmware on the drone,

... that would explain the problem then, the notes for this update did mention the need to update the controller first, but you are far from the only person to miss this...

OK, so with controller connected to your tablet/phone, tap on 'Enter Device' and tap where it says 'disconnected' at the top, on the left side of the screen. (make sure you have an internet connection for the tablet/phone, obviously)

You should see the option to update the controller near the top of the 'Aircraft Status' screen...

Reactions: tevek
... that would explain the problem then, the notes for this update did mention the need to update the controller first, but you are far from the only person to miss this...

OK, so with controller connected to your tablet/phone, tap on 'Enter Device' and tap where it says 'disconnected' at the top, on the left side of the screen. (make sure you have an internet connection for the tablet/phone, obviously)

You should see the option to update the controller near the top of the 'Aircraft Status' screen...
Yep, I was one of many that followed the app prompts and got stuck. Whilst the RC was updating, I used the assistant 2 to complete the update to the drone. The battery(s) update doesn't appear on the the go app, but does when you are connected to assistant 2.

yes everything is definetly connected

iphone into handset, and also tried handset into laptop at the same time

the drones nearly used a full battery up just sitting there trying too connect

im really at a loss here :( soo gutted heading too the giants causeway in n.ireland today an sooo wanted too get some shots

yes everything is definetly connected

iphone into handset, and also tried handset into laptop at the same time

the drones nearly used a full battery up just sitting there trying too connect

im really at a loss here :( soo gutted heading too the giants causeway in n.ireland today an sooo wanted too get some shots
Hmm, the only other thing you can try is deleting the app from whatever device you have, reinstalling it and trying again. Ideally when powered up, you should have some data in your camera view.

It will look a bit odd as there is no connection from the controller to the drone, and there won't be until the controller is updated.

Certainly can't hurt to delete and reinstall the app, and there is no need to have the aircraft on at this point.

i have previousy done that but that was before i did a factrory reset so ill give it another go

thanks guys appriciate this

i have previousy done that but that was before i did a factrory reset so ill give it another go

thanks guys appriciate this
Maybe try another cable? When my update stalled, I could still see a connection but had to follow the previously mentioned tips to complete the update. Using iPhone 6+.

Have you tried resetting the controller by holding the C1+C2 and trigger buttons simultaneously whilst switching it off and on again? That method worked for me. Also, be sure that the battery is fully charged on the controller before trying the above method.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing