Help Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Need help with your DJI Phantom? This is a great place to ask your setup questions, flight questions, repair questions, and more....

Hi, congratulations for this site.

I´m from México City, am new in RC and in multirotors of course.

Have a Phantom and in the first flights I notice it goes a little to the right when in hover, what can I do about it?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: meissner58
i have a problem with the phantom...ok heres what i did ...i was start to land the phantom and as it got got about 7 ft from the ground i accidently turned off the power switch of the TX... Wwhy or how i did that ..just being a rookie...anyway once i did that then amediatly turned the power button back on , but the drone wouldnt respond for at least a minute ..then i regained control and landed...ok so i figure i'd put in a fresh battery to fly again but everytim at take off it tiits over to one side and crashes..how do i fix this ? :(

Turning off the TX triggers the quad to go into "Fail Safe'' and RTH.this means it climbs 20meters and flys to the point it took off from then lands. It ignores the inputs you make from the TX but I think you can exit RTH by toggling the switches a few times.

Can you explain me plese what means: push throttle stick over 10%?

it Means push the left hand stick up by over 10% of its travel distance!

thanks rudeboy. Manuals could be more international specially that only "english" one exist .:)

Magnetic declination?

I am curious as to how to compensate for -12.4 degrees N. I guess with a 300 meter range you don't have to worry too much but it's crucial for my F550 and S800. I might be over thinking a little...

I could use help with this. I am new to the phantom and just received it today. But I'm not new to quadcopters and controllers. I took the controller out and the left thumb stick is springy. It is constantly in the middle position. It doesn't stay downward in the 0% throttle position. This doesn't seem correct. Is this a factory mishap?

StainFace said:
I could use help with this. I am new to the phantom and just received it today. But I'm not new to quadcopters and controllers. I took the controller out and the left thumb stick is springy. It is constantly in the middle position. It doesn't stay downward in the 0% throttle position. This doesn't seem correct. Is this a factory mishap?

This is how the new models will be delivered. The new firmware has a different take off procedure than they first used, the centre return throttle "should" be easier to fly with as anytime you let the controller go, it should go into a hover, whereas previously, It could still be climbing or descending.

I'm actually searching for the extras to add into my control to make it a centre return throttle as appose to how it is now, if I don't like it, I can swap it back out :)

StainFace said:

Nope mishap, first phantom generation came without throtle spring. Now all are spring inside. Many pilots unasemble TX and had removed it. Other like it specially for FPV hover ...

Why does my Phantom not receive a signal from the controller?

It will not start up all lights come on all looks good on the web site, everything seems to work but not start up.

SilentDiver said:
Why does my Phantom not receive a signal from the controller?

It will not start up all lights come on all looks good on the web site, everything seems to work but not start up.

Have you turned on the controller before you plug in the battery? You must do this.

Then pull both controls down and too the centre. :)

I received my phantom 3 days ago,and have been trying to get it working properly ever since. It will fly but the gps is not working .
When I turn on the transmitter get the blinking red light , than plug in the phantom . I get the red green yellow twice .Than 4 green then 1green and 3 red and that continues . 1 green 3 red over and over , when I run the software ( in view )Basic mounting gps location x - y -z all read 0cm . all calibrations have been done .Compass seems to be ok . x (243) y ( -55) z (327) mod (1746 ) I think it should fall in that range . When I do Calibration and Rotate the quad-rotor around the horizontal axis the led turns green but when I do vertical the led reverts back to green and 3 reds . Can someone help with this issue .
thanks

Hi

I just flu my phantom for the first time. It flu quit well but I didn't seem to have full power. I had to keep at full throttle all the time just to stay airborne, it was very slow to climb.I flue for around 12 minutes so the battery was fully charged.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Philip

Hello guys,

I'm having a little problem with my Phantom, he has a tendency to go right when decolo and let him hovering in front of me.
I've been watching and saw that has a green LED on the bottom of it which sometimes is on and sometimes off. (I've been researching and found that this green LED is the ESC of one engine). Was this the reason for the problem I'm facing??

Thank you for attention.

Adam said:
Need help with your DJI Phantom? This is a great place to ask your setup questions, flight questions, repair questions, and more....

Hi :) From Norway and not so god in english but hope you will understand me :) I have a problem. When I start up my phantom, all is okay to gps system blinks green. But I can`t start up the engins. It have works in 4-5 batterys, but now they engines not start..
Do you have a ideas ?

History is I bought a Phantom and later found out the original insides where replaced with a Gaui GU-344 controller and Turnigy 12a ESC's wires were tapped not even soldered. The good side it came with controller battery gopro camera mount 8 sets of props and the charger. I just purchased a Naza M V2 now my question is for those of you that may know I would like to install the gps under the hood where the original one used to sit, can I just stick it under the hood as is and it will work fine or can I dissasemble it and screw it in place ? would any of this effect the signal ? or should I just mount it as if it were a flamewheel ? I would rather have it close to stock as possible. Next I would like to put the led light where the original one was can i take that apart and afix it where the original one was so I can see it during flight ? also missing the glass lense cover that would normally cover the hole so looking for one of those if any of you know where i can get one. any help or suggestions before i start this would be great

- John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic