Help Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pmu is a power module unit, this is what takes the power from you battery and regulates the current to power your equipment

Did I post my issues in the wrong thread ? I was hoping to get more response

Hello ...can anyone help me...my phantom had a slight knock and now all i am getting is a flashing yellow light....the gps and atti modes wont switch on....I have recalibrated several times and it cycles 3 green on power up eith a few red then goes to a steady flashing yellow.It flies but i have no gps or IOC....sorry if I am using the wrong part of the forum to ask this question but i could not find anywhere else...thanks in advance if any one can help me

henigr said:
Adam said:
Need help with your DJI Phantom? This is a great place to ask your setup questions, flight questions, repair questions, and more....

Hi :) From Norway and not so god in english but hope you will understand me :) I have a problem. When I start up my phantom, all is okay to gps system blinks green. But I can`t start up the engins. It have works in 4-5 batterys, but now they engines not start..
Do you have a ideas ?

this is a strange, common, and undiscovered source problem. Try executing the CSC in the left corners. That usually works

bignoseeng1 said:
Hello ...can anyone help me...my phantom had a slight knock and now all i am getting is a flashing yellow light....the gps and atti modes wont switch on....I have recalibrated several times and it cycles 3 green on power up eith a few red then goes to a steady flashing yellow.It flies but i have no gps or IOC....sorry if I am using the wrong part of the forum to ask this question but i could not find anywhere else...thanks in advance if any one can help me

Hey, don't worry this shouldn't be a big deal. Plug it in to the naza assistant software and calibrate the IMU. This should solve your problems.

I had a crash with the phantom. Apparently I had a cell go bad and wasnt paying attention.
It wasnt so bad that it damaged the gimbal. I actually used the stick command to shut it down.

Now in the assistant , everything works just as it should.:

Tx commands respond normal
Fail Safe
IOC
compass is spot on
current firmware
all lights flash as working normal when switching thru modes (even out of assistant)
GPS is calibrated

My motors wont start up. (using stick command)
Not even a twitch.

all wiring seems to be solid.
A visual inspection just short of un soldering the board
looks ok , no cracks.

tested 12v to all 4 esc

I never received any errors. (25,26)
but I slammed it on a table to be sure ...

amounted to nothing

Any ideas would greatly be appreciated .

Thanks

Need assitance

I have been unable to get my phantom to fly. I've followed the instructions on how to calibrate the phantom, but when i attempt to fly, the copter will not turn on. Yes, I did pull the joysticks down and to the center.

goodnightpaul said:
I have been unable to get my phantom to fly. I've followed the instructions on how to calibrate the phantom, but when i attempt to fly, the copter will not turn on. Yes, I did pull the joysticks down and to the center.
Try pulling them to the bottom left hand corners. That sometimes does the trick

Hi everybody!
Im from chile,, so, my english is not very good.
I need a transmitter throttle lever to my phantom, but I dont know where buy.
in Ebay, not find the product, please help me.
Thanks!
Cristobal.

DIPswitch said:
I had a crash with the phantom. Apparently I had a cell go bad and wasnt paying attention.
It wasnt so bad that it damaged the gimbal. I actually used the stick command to shut it down.

Now in the assistant , everything works just as it should.:

Tx commands respond normal
Fail Safe
IOC
compass is spot on
current firmware
all lights flash as working normal when switching thru modes (even out of assistant)
GPS is calibrated

My motors wont start up. (using stick command)
Not even a twitch.

all wiring seems to be solid.
A visual inspection just short of un soldering the board
looks ok , no cracks.

tested 12v to all 4 esc

I never received any errors. (25,26)
but I slammed it on a table to be sure ...

amounted to nothing

Any ideas would greatly be appreciated .

Thanks

I re updated firmware
Calibrated sticks
Set to defaults

It starts

Hi guys,

I am new to the awesome phantom, after just a week I am totally hooked on flying

just got my gopro hero 3 & awaiting gimbal anytime soon but I have a question about editing I wonder if you might be able to help with.
I am wanting to start making video's & photography as a part time business & am a little unsure on whether or not I need to build a full editing pc, any thoughts ?

much appreciate any help on this

cheers

StainFace said:
I could use help with this. I am new to the phantom and just received it today. But I'm not new to quadcopters and controllers. I took the controller out and the left thumb stick is springy. It is constantly in the middle position. It doesn't stay downward in the 0% throttle position. This doesn't seem correct. Is this a factory mishap?

You can fix this and add drag open up the transmitter there's a screw that you tighten on the throttle side pretty apparent. You need to tighten it almost all the way down for maximum drag. And if you totally want to get rid of it look at the action on the throttle there's a little spring, remove it and the arm and then it will no longer return to center.
I'm with you I do not like it returning to center.

I hate to assume...

My stickers are all in the original carton.
I received no manual.
I've watched the initial videos numerous times.

Is it safe to say the nose is the battery cover?
And the LED is the rear?

You would think they would put a "this end up" sticker for those of us that are a bit slow.

Thanks!

Tim T.
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

No more questions....

I made my inaugural flight this evening. I finally stopped and looked at the picture in the quick start guide to figure out which is the front end...having been in the Navy, I was used to the "pointy" end being the front...but, I discovered the indents for the decals to show the front. I'm not real sure it actually goes that way, the battery lid is to the front and it had red LEDs showing when I flew as being front. I'll have to check tomorrow.

As far as flying, I expected it to be rather touchy but it was GREAT! I did one unintended soft "touch and go" because I kept flying low but, just a touch and back up. It was twilight so the LEDs really showed up well. I did lose it in the sky once (so did the wife) so I just turned off the controller, having full faith that it would return. Pretty soon, here it came. I think it took a good look around first but it came back, slowly drifted down to a soft landing and shut itself off.

That is impressive. Tomorrow I will hang the Hero off it and try for some footage...

Tim T.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Driver not recognized after installing upgrade board

Prior to installing the upgrade board, the Driver and Assistant software worked great. After installation, the Remote controls the motors but the driver doesn't recognize the Phantom and, consequently, neither does the Assistant software. When I try to reinstall the Driver, three windows appear:
Setup-DJI driver
"Please wait while setup installs DJI driver on your computer"
"Finishing installation" (but it never finishes!)
C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe
C:\Program Files <x86>\DJI Product\DJI driver2.02>source64\DPInst.exe \F \SE \LM \SH
Device Driver Installation Wizard
click NEXT shows "Completing the device driver installation wizard"
driver name: dji-innovations inc (usbser) ports
click NEXT shows "Completing the DJI driver Setup Wizard"
click FINISH

Unfortunately, no DJI driver was installed. :evil:
Software Assistant 2.16 fails to detect Phantom; MC Output is ON

I assume the problem has something to do with Windows 7 (running under Bootcamp iMac 27).

Any suggestions?
WKP

ayuda con las instruccines

pr favr alguien me podria explicar para que sirven las posiciones CL y HL del conmutador de la izquierda y las posiciones GPS ATTI ATTI del conmutador de la derecha de la emisora? no soy capaz de encontrar instrucciones que hablen de eso y no se para que sirve. gracias

Primero... para usar esos modos, debe tenerse activado el IOC. ( modo inteligente ) se verifica / activa /desactiva conectando el phantom al PC con el Naza Assistant.
Segundo, se debe activar el modo GPS. Con el conmutador derecho y esperar siempre a que solo esten luces verdes.

Tanto en el modo CL Course Lock como en el modo HL Home Lock, sin importar hacia donde este la nariz del phantom, al activar el stick derecho hacia atras (abajo) el phantom se dirige al sitio de donde se despego. En modo HL el phantom gira alrededor del sitio de despegue hasta 25. Mts. En modo CL va derecho hacia el sitio de despegue y sigue en su direccion recta. Para que estos modos funcionen, el phantom debe estar a mas de 10 metros de distancia.

First ... to use these modes , the IOC must be enabled . (Intelligent mode ) is checked / on / off phantom connecting the PC with the Naza Assistant. Second , you must activate the the GPS mode using right top switch and always wait for only green lights. Both in CL Course Lock as HL Home Lock mode , no matter where this phantom nose at when activate the right stick back (down) the phantom goes to where it take off . In HL mode the phantom will fly around the launch site to 25. Mts. In CL it will go straight to launch poitn.

Hello, Thanks for this great resource.

I just got my new Phantom, unpacked it, charged the batteries and did everything but could NOT figure out how
to get the engines to start. At one point I did get it configured outside, then still NOTHING when I tried getting
the engines to run.
I downloaded NAZA-M V.2, and the firmware, but never got my toggles to move the buttons on the screen.

Help!
I tried "upgrade" but that didn't work.

Help...

Ernie

HELP!! Nothing works!

I received my Phantom as a B-day present from my kids yesterday. It was supposed to be simple and fly "right pout of the box....more or less". One full day struggling with it later the score is Phantom 0, me -5 hours of frustration.

Literally, adter 5 hours....the props have yet to move, the controller has yet to connect to Assistant. If I have a bad unit/controller, then I have a return auth. through B&H already. But I don't want to return it if this is a correctable software glitch.

Problem #1: My controller is different than the controller shown in the start-up video. The left/throttle gimbal self-centers. The shown controllers throttles remain as placed....and all down at startup is recommended/necessary (??). There is mention of a new controller such as mine but no explanation as to how that changes start-up.

Problem #2: The motor start-up procedure in the manual shows four sequential gimbal positions. In the video it shows only the last of the four....both gimbals down and in. Then.....the motors are supposed to start. I wish.

I turn on controller and it blinks three times and remains on solid red. I plug in Phantom and it tweedles and LED blinking starts. I initialize the compass and eventually Phantom settles down, scores satellites, and I eventually get a long run of fast green blinking, then a slow blinking green. This is, I take it, meaning the unit is ready and has lots of satellites. NOTHING....from that point....works to start the motors. Both gimbals down and in....nothing. In that position I get double green flashing. Old (?) start-up sequence...both gimbals down left, then down right, then down and out, then down and in.....nothing except a lot of green flashing with each new position. Both upper switches in up position. I have done that with every variation I can think of, including WHILE talking to another Phantom owner (3000 miles away)...nothing starts the motors.

Problem #3: I download Assistant V2.18 onto my PC (win7). It immediately tells me to upgrade to firmware V 3.14. In order to do that I need to download Assistant V 2.16. I do and V 2.16 immediately tells me to upgrade to firmware V 3.14. When I go to Upgrade...it tells me no new upgrades are available. So...repeatedly....I download V2.16 and it tells me to upgrade...but does not. I find in FAQ a mention of Win 7 not upgrading until a different driver is installed in Win/System/driver folder. I do that...and nothing changes, just repeated recommendations to upgrade firmware...which may or may not ever happen. Who knows WHAT firmware version is actually in the copter.

Problem #4: The controller is never recognized by Assistant. My copter is plugged in to battery and sits with a faint green light, the USB connected to computer, Assistant V 2.16 (and also tried V 2.18) running, the controller turned on.....but....like the motors....NOTHING...... the controller does is recognized by Assistant. I repeatedly get a message that the controller is not connected.

If I turn the controller off...the copter reacts and goes into a different flashing status. If I turn the controller back on it returns to faint green.

My friend said under "receiver type" to indicate PPM. That did nothing.

Sooooo......after 5 hours....that is where things sit. A prop has not turned and the controller is not recognized by Assistant. DJI initially demands I ask B&H.....which knows less than nothing about the Phantom and offers only a replacement unit (which I assume will have the "new" controller...still need upgrading, etc..) DJI offers nothing in real time...a lot of tutorials and manuals which do not address my specific question.

Can anyone help?

Peter Patricelli

You need to bind the controller (Tx) with the receiver again . . . .

You need to open the phantom to access the receiver. Hopefully this is all the problem is and you'll be flying in no time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1