Help finding an indoor drone for green screen recording?

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm looking for a particular type of drone and apologize ahead of time because I have zero experience with these things. I need some sort of self flying drone with a camera that can follow and hover behind me while I actively record in a green screen studio environment. The camera should be capable of recording HD video at 60fps and has tech in it where I can connect it to my computer and use it as a live feed with my recording software.

Anything like this exist? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
As Monty Python would say " And now, for something completely different".....

Hi all

I'm looking for a particular type of drone and apologize ahead of time because I have zero experience with these things. I need some sort of self flying drone with a camera that can follow and hover behind me while I actively record in a green screen studio environment. The camera should be capable of recording HD video at 60fps and has tech in it where I can connect it to my computer and use it as a live feed with my recording software.

Anything like this exist? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Do you have to be able to receive HD 60 FPS into your computer and external recording device? When you say HD do you mean 4K, 2.7K or 1080?

Do you have to be able to receive HD 60 FPS into your computer and external recording device? When you say HD do you mean 4K, 2.7K or 1080?

Sorry I shoulda been more specific; 1080. And I would need a live camera feed coming into my computer in order for what Im doing to record correctly. I would also be attaching a sensor to it which weighs about 2 ounces.

Sorry I shoulda been more specific; 1080. And I would need a live camera feed coming into my computer in order for what Im doing to record correctly. I would also be attaching a sensor to it which weighs about 2 ounces.

A Phantom 4 Pro Plus would do what you are asking except for the complete autonomy aspect. After experimenting you may find it is capable of doing what you want otherwise you would need an operator for the P4P+ because you will not have a GPS signal indoors and for safety concerns. You will get 1920 X 1080 60 FPS out of the remote controller (from the P4P+) to send to your external monitor/recording device. The 2 ounce sensor should not be an issue unless it puts out some type of interference that could degrade the signals to and from the Phantom. Hope this helps and let us know if we can answer any other questions. Here are the specs and info on the Phantom 4 Pro Plus.

DJI PHANTOM 4 PRO PLUS

A Phantom 4 Pro Plus would do what you are asking except for the complete autonomy aspect. After experimenting you may find it is capable of doing what you want otherwise you would need an operator for the P4P+ because you will not have a GPS signal indoors and for safety concerns. You will get 1920 X 1080 60 FPS out of the remote controller (from the P4P+) to send to your external monitor/recording device. The 2 ounce sensor should not be an issue unless it puts out some type of interference that could degrade the signals to and from the Phantom. Hope this helps and let us know if we can answer any other questions. Here are the specs and info on the Phantom 4 Pro Plus.

DJI PHANTOM 4 PRO PLUS

Awesome thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga