Help...cracks spotted

..really frustrating...today's a fantastic blue clean sky day here..it would have been great to film..
d9547cb27647555a5939090e60842f30.jpg

I have the same problem only under one motor. And it was recommended by a very reputable guy here to send the bird in to DJI. But like others I'm worried it will be 90 days before I see it again if I'm lucky. I have until June when the warranty runs out to make a command decision. Now I'm leaning toward this plastic aid and protective brackets. But still in limbo.

Phil ive just packed and sent the drone by UPS to the Netherlands. .hope it will reach there by the wend and that they will be able to replace the shell by next week which means that I might get it back just before April.15th....all in all it will be 1 month...this is of course the best case scenario. ..

In all cases I'm about to order metal plates and the bi-component resin to make sure this will not happen again...

In all cases I'm about to order metal plates and the bi-component resin to make sure this will not happen again...

I don't know if I'm going to chance that. I think I am going with Sandmana idea. But thanks for responding!

Now just have to worry about getting the top of the shell off without screwing it up

515cbe4393d49adbcbe462d6aba5e889.jpg

SANDMAN is this the product you've used to.reinforce the shell?

That's the stuff[emoji106] mix it thin so it will flow good in all the spots before hardening. And tape off the arms and anything around the arms. Once it dries you will have to grind it off if it's somewhere you don't want it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Phil56
Thank you Sandman please clarify the need of taping around the arms...

Just to make sure you don't get it anywhere you don't want it. If your careful you'll be fine, I just did it so I wouldn't take any chances. Think of it as taping stuff off before you paint. My hands aren't as steady as they used to be[emoji14]

I just got back from lowes trying to find that stuff. Looked everywhere and none of the employees knew what I was talking about

I have a P3A that has NEVER seen air, yet, and I have had it for about 1 year!
Just haven't had time to get it in the air, but I am going to use the plast-aid BEFORE I get cracks!
I, too, would like to know if local stores carry it, or is it online only?

I am assuming it will not react with plastic?

Just to make sure you don't get it anywhere you don't want it. If your careful you'll be fine, I just did it so I wouldn't take any chances. Think of it as taping stuff off before you paint. My hands aren't as steady as they used to be[emoji14]
Kinda like making a dam?

I search online and some pool/spa stores carry it?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl