Help! Banging my head against a wall.

Reaction score
As said in an earlier post my P3P along with many others it seems is having problems with the data channel, it just stopped sending any telemetry or camera images and says ‘Disconnected’. Then last night at a fellow Phantom pilots house it was up and running like normal. So I know the drone is functional despite the App being the latest update and the RC and AC still being on the version it left the factory with 3 yrs ago.
I have tried 3 different lightning cables and rebooted dozens of times, all the lights on the controller , gimbal, and camera are green. I tried a manual RC/AC link and that worked ok, I have all the flying and gimbal controls working, just no system telemetry or video. The forum is full of warnings not to update and so I haven’t, just the App did an auto update last week but it all worked last night so don’t think there is a software conflict. It did say the RC, AC, camera and battery needs updating but everything was working, but today the HD channel is dead again. There doesn’t seem to be a definite answer to this problem, but any advice is much appreciated.

As said in an earlier post my P3P along with many others it seems is having problems with the data channel, it just stopped sending any telemetry or camera images and says ‘Disconnected’. Then last night at a fellow Phantom pilots house it was up and running like normal. So I know the drone is functional despite the App being the latest update and the RC and AC still being on the version it left the factory with 3 yrs ago.
I have tried 3 different lightning cables and rebooted dozens of times, all the lights on the controller , gimbal, and camera are green. I tried a manual RC/AC link and that worked ok, I have all the flying and gimbal controls working, just no system telemetry or video. The forum is full of warnings not to update and so I haven’t, just the App did an auto update last week but it all worked last night so don’t think there is a software conflict. It did say the RC, AC, camera and battery needs updating but everything was working, but today the HD channel is dead again. There doesn’t seem to be a definite answer to this problem, but any advice is much appreciated.
The "Disconnected" message only means the RC is not communicating with your device (phone/tablet). This is typically caused by a worn out USB cable and is usually solved by using a new cable. When this happens you still have full control of the AC but you lose all telemetry and video on your device. There have been instances where the USB board on the RC becomes faulty and that will cause the same issue.

Reactions: lordfox and Oso
By chance have you tried using a different mobile device?

In this case the updated app either changed the settings or is not completely compatible with the RC. I would update everything. The battery update is very important. What have you got to lose at this point. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Fishenmann
I am leaning towards having to do a full update, or throw it at the wall! Just tried it again and I got a yellow warning ‘weak transmission signal’ then it shut down the App, I tried several times to restart the App but after 2 seconds it goes back to the DJIGO start page. Tried it with the sd card out and the screen stayed on but with Disconnected showing, first thing I did was try 3 different usb cables, but maybe the fault is on the usb board itself as the fault comes and goes. I did have the board out to check inside the controller and it did work again only once last night.

Check the solder connections at the usb socket. Use a strong magnifier.

Try read logs in MISC folder on SD-card?

Try reinstall current Firmware with binding button. Youtube has instruction videos. It also generates a new logfile so you might see which module is wrong.

Grrrrrrrrr! I now have the same problem. Just received my new Nvidia Shield K1 and spare battery so charged the battery, set it all up and went for a flight, everything fine. It was a wee bit windy and the drone drifted out of sight so I pressed the RTH and the RC acknowledged it. The drone came overhead and then descended very rapidly. As it neared the ground I tried to take control but it landed heavily, flipped upside down (on paving slabs) at which point I turned off the motors.
Checked everything out, all seems ok so took off to a hover at about 6 feet, everything worked fine, full video feed etc.
Landed and ran the battery down in the house.
Recharged the battery and I've just tried to get it all run Ning again but no video - just DISCONNECTED.
Did the "Developer" thing and toggled the USB but no different
Tried setting up using my iPhone and different cable, same thing, DISCONNECTED.
Looking on the SD card there is no MISC folder, just a video I took when flying and another just now when I was trying to get it to work. I have full control of the drone from the RC just no video.

I'm supposed to be some photography on Sunday so need it working!!

Reactions: Nekenieh
Very interesting!
Having read elsewhere about loose connections/solder joints on the RC USB socket I just took the cover off and removed the circuit board (one large and two small ribbon connectors), and had a close look at the solder joints.
Couldn't see anything obvious - photo - so put t back together and tried it and hey presto, it works???

Now I'll be nervous flying in case it goes off when I'm in the air. Would it be worth re soldering the three pins, just in case???

I'm also a bit concerned as to why it descended so rapidly on the RTH.
IMG_5710.jpg

Chiming in a little late, but I had the identical problem a while back and my solution was to simply replace the output module on the bottom of the controller; it managed to fix several issues, including the one by the OP. Note, there are 4 ports in the replacement module vs 3 on the original version due to HDMI being added.
The new modules are easy to find on Amazon, etc. Just search for HDMI Phantom 3 Advanced or Pro controller module. Pricey at 80 Smackers but was worth it to me -- no problems since.
Good luck.

Chiming in a little late, but I had the identical problem a while back and my solution was to simply replace the output module on the bottom of the controller; it managed to fix several issues, including the one by the OP. Note, there are 4 ports in the replacement module vs 3 on the original version due to HDMI being added.
The new modules are easy to find on Amazon, etc. Just search for HDMI Phantom 3 Advanced or Pro controller module. Pricey at 80 Smackers but was worth it to me -- no problems since.
Good luck.
I had seen problem after the update and I updated mine right after I got it couple weeks ago. Work one time and then nothing to control aircraft but no video. Could not connect to app. I got a new USB board that didn't work either. Had to buy new controller $200. It works fine now.

Reactions: Phil Tuggle
The "Disconnected" message only means the RC is not communicating with your device (phone/tablet). This is typically caused by a worn out USB cable and is usually solved by using a new cable. When this happens you still have full control of the AC but you lose all telemetry and video on your device. There have been instances where the USB board on the RC becomes faulty and that will cause the same issue.
This is what i thought. I owned a P3 std with camera update and while my son was flying the drone he moved my phone to see it better and the holder caught the off button on the phone. Well the drone went into its own world gaining altitude fast and started to head east we tried the come home and re initiating the phone. none of this worked it went so high we lost sight of it and it was using illuminated rotors at evening time. We couldn't even get the flight plans from the net this all went at the time the phone disconnected. I also have a 7k range extender. But all this was to no avail. So i have got a P 3 pro that has just been serviced from DJI in holland. It arrives Monday Tue this week coming. In no way am i challenging what you are saying. But mine went off on it own when the phone became disengaged and i have flown it with out the phone attached previously .
It took off from the same area in the park at the back of my property as i always do

This is what i thought. I owned a P3 std with camera update and while my son was flying the drone he moved my phone to see it better and the holder caught the off button on the phone. Well the drone went into its own world gaining altitude fast and started to head east we tried the come home and re initiating the phone. none of this worked it went so high we lost sight of it and it was using illuminated rotors at evening time. We couldn't even get the flight plans from the net this all went at the time the phone disconnected. I also have a 7k range extender. But all this was to no avail. So i have got a P 3 pro that has just been serviced from DJI in holland. It arrives Monday Tue this week coming. In no way am i challenging what you are saying. But mine went off on it own when the phone became disengaged and i have flown it with out the phone attached previously .
It took off from the same area in the park at the back of my property as i always do
You are first I've seen to report a flyaway due to the phone disconnecting for any reason, it shouldnt affect flight controls. But I believe you, anything is possible.

You are first I've seen to report a flyaway due to the phone disconnecting for any reason, it shouldnt affect flight controls. But I believe you, anything is possible.

It was very frustrating to say the least and a very expensive lesson too.
My son ran along as far as he could trying to reconnect with the phone back os.
But to no avail it would not reconnect.
It is as if someone else had taken over the control of the drone.
I feel this may be possible because the flight log ended about 300 yards away from where we were.
Well with in range of a standard remote.
So maybe my drone was jacked lol

Reactions: 3rdof5

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31