Help/Advice/Ideas Guest Ranch

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm planning on purchasing a phantom 3 pro to use at a guest ranch that I am the Activites Manager of. I plan on filming our guest horseback riding, skeet shooting and taking jeep tours, and offering raw and edited footage at two different price points. With the raw footage would it be easier just to give the guest the micro sd card and build that into the price? Would it make more sense to transfer to a thumb drive? I'm obviously looking for the simplest way to get the footage to them in the cheapest way possible. Any help, ideas, or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

I would put it on a small thumb drive as they work pretty much on any computer.
Do you need a 333 to do that now or has that changed?

Sounds like you will need a commercial licence for that, but if you have one or plan on getting one, a thumb drive would probably be the way to go. JMHO.

Maybe look at a custom engraved wood thumbdrive since it is a dude ranch? Less likely they would delete it being different too.

PhotoFlashDrive.com - Customized and Personalized Packaging & Digital Delivery Solutions

Hope your editing skills are up for it though. That and if you need to focus on one guest, instead of a generic group which would easier, imho.

Aside, I think the Mavic would be better suited being smaller and better avoidance features than the P3.

Good luck.

Reactions: Jay Brewer
Without going in to extreme detail, if you fly for profit you reseach Part 107. There are numerous posts and information both here and with the FAA.

Reactions: Droneted
Depending on format, editing can be a beast. I'd sell the raw footage, and let them make the most of it, to suit themselves. But that is definitely a commercial use of the drone, so...

Reactions: Jay Brewer
a SERIOUS side note -

INSURANCE!!! It would take just one grumpy pi$$ed off horse to throw a guest causing serious injury or death because of the drone and you could be ruined for life.

Depending on format, editing can be a beast. I'd sell the raw footage, and let them make the most of it, to suit themselves. But that is definitely a commercial use of the drone, so...

Yeah, that's probably the route I'll end up taking
a SERIOUS side note -

INSURANCE!!! It would take just one grumpy pi$$ed off horse to throw a guest causing serious injury or death because of the drone and you could be ruined for life.

Good point. Def something to consider.

Reactions: BoydBros

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues