Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Help a newbie select FPV/Gimbal hardware

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by windrockwater, Sep 28, 2013.

1. windrockwater

Alright so I have a few successful flights under my belt with the stock Phantom setup. I am absolutely interested in both a gimbal to stabilize my video, and, FPV so i can see what i am capturing from the GoPro Hero3. I have been reading as much as possible on these forums and on the youtube videos. But its confusing.

Can someone recommend the actual gimbal/FPV hardware i should be buying?

Fatshark Dominator vs Attitude? I am pretty sure I will eventually want to use a small monitor instead of goggles if that matters.

Arris Gimbal vs Zenmuse? Or some other brand Whats the easiest to install? Pros and cons? I do not know if i need motorized gimbals. Are they all motorized? I just want camera levelling.

I am looking for the most plug-and-play hardware possible. I will solder if I have to but of course would prefer plugs and adapters.

Which would I start with if I would start with only one, FPV or Gimbal? If i ultimately want both, should i be aware of anything?

I know its a lot of questions but accessorizing the phantom is pretty serious spending!