!!HELP!!— Phantom 3 Pro “Motor Obstructed” errors

Reaction score
So this just started happening to my brothers P3P [emoji30]

Any pointers or advice on what can be the problem??

Only does it once in a while but I do notice 2 props tend to arm up slower than the other 2 but on times where they arm up it flies excellent with no issues

FYI it has KDE Direct motors instead of the OEM ones

de870a3857c3d8a095dbc0d6b502c0e6.jpg

I’m going to guess and say it probably has something to do with the motors being changed. Probably a mismatch between the esc’s(DJI) and the motors.

"Motor Obstructed"

Means that one or motors are not able to spin up freely ... this is often seen when it falls over and a prop is stopped or gets caught in a branch etc.

Another cause if a magnet has moved in the motor case. If the motor has overheated at any time - the glue holding the magnets in place inside the motor case can get soft and a magnet or two get dislodged. It can happen that a magnet is movable and this can lead to intermittent fault.
Usually you can 'feel' a motor with this problem by turning by hand ... not fast ... but just turn and 'feel' the slight 'knocks' as the windings pass the magnets ...
Also listen to the motors when stationary on the ground DO NOT touch sticks - we need motors running same rpm ... one may have a slightly different pitch to the sound ..
There may be foreign crud in the windings / magnet gaps that moves and interferes with free running.

I have to mention that I am not a great lover of the 'blanket' applied to the AC and the 'covers' to the motors ... those covers may have something to do with it ... brushless motors not only cool via the front louvres but pass heat via the case to surrounding air. Preventing the motor from dissipating heat may have caused this error.

Reactions: PhantomFandom
I don’t think the kde motors have a covering on them. Looks to be just kde motors.

Maybe ... but usually you get to see some writing on the casing even if only a few letters as motors don't all stop in same position ... and the black seems to be same shade as the 'overall' the AC is wearing.

Maybe ... but usually you get to see some writing on the casing even if only a few letters as motors don't all stop in same position ... and the black seems to be same shade as the 'overall' the AC is wearing.

Motors are not covered

That’s how they look originally, you can see the lettering on them on the side

Been flying the drone all morning and no issues or anything at all did a few tests where I left it hovering 5ft above ground for the whole battery (TWICE) and no problems with it.

Tried out intelligent flight modes (Follow me, course lock) excellent flying

Took it up about 1 mile out speeds of up to 40mph with no problems. (antenna is awesome)

Talked to the guys over at the R/C shop in Huntington Beach that installed the KDE motors on them and they told me these motors are stronger motors and they take up extra juice on startup so that I will experience sometimes where a motor or two won’t wanna start on “COLD STARTS” but once battery warms up you’ll have no issues and sure enough once the bird was up in the air for a while and battery warms up I would land it and start the motors again and started right up with no problems

Also talked to my brother and they had told him the same thing but he failed to tell me so I though something was wrong with it but it’s not, he’s had the bird for 6 months with these motors and he himself has experienced where motors don’t wanna start on COLD BATTERY but once up in the air you’ll have no problems.

Just a comment :

Fitting more powerful motors in fact has no benefit apart from possibly faster acceleration or response. Speed and lift needed will be same whatever - because Flight Controller will adjust motor thrust to provide the required response.

Unlike a normal RC plane - where increased motor power can gain speed or manoeuvres.

Reactions: tinton323
Been flying the drone all morning and no issues or anything at all did a few tests where I left it hovering 5ft above ground for the whole battery (TWICE) and no problems with it.

Tried out intelligent flight modes (Follow me, course lock) excellent flying

Took it up about 1 mile out speeds of up to 40mph with no problems. (antenna is awesome)

Talked to the guys over at the R/C shop in Huntington Beach that installed the KDE motors on them and they told me these motors are stronger motors and they take up extra juice on startup so that I will experience sometimes where a motor or two won’t wanna start on “COLD STARTS” but once battery warms up you’ll have no issues and sure enough once the bird was up in the air for a while and battery warms up I would land it and start the motors again and started right up with no problems

Also talked to my brother and they had told him the same thing but he failed to tell me so I though something was wrong with it but it’s not, he’s had the bird for 6 months with these motors and he himself has experienced where motors don’t wanna start on COLD BATTERY but once up in the air you’ll have no problems.
Pockets are good before flight,still it nice drone and should keep it;)

Reactions: tinton323

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik