Hello, Newbie from Virginia

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I found your group by doing a search and it looks like this is a great community! I have never flown a drone and never owned one but I have been thinking about them for several years. I feel like taking the plunge.

I have been searching and I am leaning towards the Phantom 3 Standard. For my first one it definitely comes down to cost not really knowing if I am going to love this or not. I don't want to spend $80 on a small tiny drone that probably won't last me to long so I feel like I need to find something with some quality. I then found the Phantom and really think it will do what I want it to do, which for now is just play. I did some searching today and can pick it up on a sale on the 12th for $379 and I feel like that is a good price. I had it in my hands today at Target for $499.

I am going to start reading all over the site and try to learn as much as I can. I spent some time on the FAA site today to make sure I understand the law. If anyone has any advice, thoughts, or comments I would love to hear them. Hopefully in time I will become a valuable part of this community. Thanks for letting me in.

Reactions: dirkclod
For a bit extra I'd go for the advanced. Had loads of issues either the standard including firmware. Two went back to the shop and then got the advanced. Not a single issue other than my fault of calibration near metal.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thanks Fred. I do see where people have had issues and it makes me a little nervous. I guess anything can have an issue here or there. I am pretty sure the advanced is more than a bit extra but it's a nice thought.

Hello everyone, I found your group by doing a search and it looks like this is a great community! I have never flown a drone and never owned one but I have been thinking about them for several years. I feel like taking the plunge. I have been searching and I am leaning towards the Phantom 3 Standard. For my first one it definitely comes down to cost not really knowing if I am going to love this or not. I don't want to spend $80 on a small tiny drone that probably won't last me to long so I feel like I need to find something with some quality. I then found the Phantom and really think it will do what I want it to do, which for now is just play. I did some searching today and can pick it up on a sale on the 12th for $379 and I feel like that is a good price. I had it in my hands today at Target for $499. I am going to start reading all over the site and try to learn as much as I can. I spent some time on the FAA site today to make sure I understand the law. If anyone has any advice, thoughts, or comments I would love to hear them. Hopefully in time I will become a valuable part of this community. Thanks for letting me in.
Welcome Merdok I highly recommend the p3s. I got a standard as my first real drone but been flying little quads for awhile. When I decided to take the plunge and spend the money on a real quality drone I decided on the standard and am very happy I did. I have had zero issues since purchase everything works as it's supposed to. It's very noob/user friendly very easy to fly and set everything up. Only downside I have come across is the price of extra batteries so I can fly even more but serious note I recommend the standard it's a great drone for the cost.

Thanks ghostrdrtat! I really appreciate the input. I am a little nervous about the purchase but very excited. I am a detail oriented person so I'm gonna take it slow at first and try to really understand the system as I have no experience. With the sale coming up at Sam's next Saturday I couldn't say no, the price is really good I think at $379. Definitely gonna be hanging out here trying to learn. Thanks again for your input.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues