Hello, just bought a P3S

Look at what this guys says about the firmware failing...

How is an idiot like me supposed to figure that out? FFS
Yikes. Don't listen to him. Here is how to put it so autolock won't be on:

In the iPhone/iPad settings, go to settings, then to general
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1458874036.233659.jpg

Next go to autolock:
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1458874068.862021.jpg

Then change it to never
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1458874096.359101.jpg

Follow the download instructions on the DJI Go app with the video tutorial and if you need help with it, go to Tom's Tech Time on YouTube. He has a video for it. It is for the advance and pro, but same setup. That tutorial says to make sure you have a full battery in both, which is what I did too. I hope that helps. I am sure you are as excited as I was when I first got mine. Get through this and you should be good to go. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes. Should I be connected to my home wifi or be connected to the phantom network for the firmware update? (Not the DL part)
Noob, follow the video on the DJI app. Download with the home wifi, then it will tell you to reconnect to your drone's wifi, make sure drone and controller don't get turned off. Then get back in the app and tell it to install. If you can on another device, pull up the user manual in the DJI Go app while all the blinking and beeping is going on and it will tell you what they all mean while it is uploading.

It sounds like you just about have it. Now the sitting and waiting starts again. Also, if it fails, the app should tell you to turn off your drone, controller, and I would completely shut out app. And reboot all. I had to do that since it failed on me twice and then worked. Did the reboot the second time.

Let us know when you have success. I will keep an eye on this thread to check back in the morning.

Yikes. Don't listen to him. Here is how to put it so autolock won't be on:

In the iPhone/iPad settings, go to settings, then to generalView attachment 48383

Next go to autolock:
View attachment 48384

Then change it to never
View attachment 48385

Follow the download instructions on the DJI Go app with the video tutorial and if you need help with it, go to Tom's Tech Time on YouTube. He has a video for it. It is for the advance and pro, but same setup. That tutorial says to make sure you have a full battery in both, which is what I did too. I hope that helps. I am sure you are as excited as I was when I first got mine. Get through this and you should be good to go. Good luck!

Thanks for that. My auto lock was turned off. No clue what to do now.

Noob, follow the video on the DJI app. Download with the home wifi, then it will tell you to reconnect to your drone's wifi, make sure drone and controller don't get turned off. Then get back in the app and tell it to install. If you can on another device, pull up the user manual in the DJI Go app while all the blinking and beeping is going on and it will tell you what they all mean while it is uploading.

It sounds like you just about have it. Now the sitting and waiting starts again. Also, if it fails, the app should tell you to turn off your drone, controller, and I would completely shut out app. And reboot all. I had to do that since it failed on me twice and then worked. Did the reboot the second time.

This is exactly what keeps happening. It just won't get over 36% and says it failed.

This is exactly what keeps happening. It just won't get over 36% and says it failed.
Mine froze at 4% the 1st attempt. Then froze @ 36% the 2nd attempt. The 3rd attempt it seemed to be stuck on 40%, but 10 minutes later, it was all finished.

Just keep trying.

Mine froze at 4% the 1st attempt. Then froze @ 36% the 2nd attempt. The 3rd attempt it seemed to be stuck on 40%, but 10 minutes later, it was all finished.

Just keep trying.

It just keeps stopping after about 10 mins with the failed attempt message. Won't go past 36%. Tried about 10 times so far.

I would uninstall then reload the GO app. If that didn't work, I'd contact DJI directly.

yeah it gets a little pricey

Reactions: Squirrel!
I can't wait to get my LED's. Still on that boat from China.
Never going to order from this guy again. 24-25 days shipping.....?
I could walk across America to California, jump in the Pacific and swin to China and back before they can mail it to me...LOL

got mine off amazon 2 days boom I got them just sitting around waiting for new bird to show up so can put lights on it

OK buddy, you don't have to rub it in....LOL

its a used one

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1