Hello From Wiltshire

Reaction score
Hi I am planning on buying a second hand P4 Standard

Can you tell me if it will do the following

Collision avoidance
Tracking - Ie follow on my bike/car (off road of cource)
Live view with a decent range whilst maintaining live view - I am told that it can Provide live view up to 3 miles?

Thanks all

Hi I am planning on buying a second hand P4 Standard

Can you tell me if it will do the following

Collision avoidance
Live view with a decent range whilst maintaining live view - I am told that it can Provide live view up to 3 miles?

Thanks all
Welcome from NZ..
Yip
Yip
Yip can provide live view,few rules involved like most keep drone in sight with eyes only,but hey sure we all do it on occasion,,,3 miles good stretch 1 way ,must allow for wind to make sure you get back,more wind equals more power used,,I absolutely love my p4,,very strong drone,2nd one now was so impressed with first....ps...p4s has only got 5km range so must fly just under half that to get back to home point or it will auto land when very low on power and you not have a choice when it happens

Welcome to the forum! :)

Collision avoidance
The aircraft is only able to avoid collisions in front of it using its forward facing sensors. Sensors are not foolproof, so you shouldn't rely on them to prevent a crash. And they are of course not able to see small objects like tree branches and power lines.

If using a mobile device with a GPS receiver, you can use the Follow Me flight mode to make the aircraft follow your GPS location (see this example). Without GPS, you can use the ActiveTrack flight more to make the aircraft follow an object that's clearly visible on the screen in DJI GO (see this example).

Per the Phantom 4 specs, the max range is 4.3 miles (FCC) or 2.2 miles (CE).

If you'd like to learn more about the Phantom 4, you can download the manual from the Phantom 4 downloads page.

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching ?

that's in perfect conditions, so 3 miles ???????????according to the specs it says 2.1 miles max in perfect LOS

I've flown my P3P across the wiltshire open fields and got to 2 miles and lost video, it still responded to the controls but no video, when I got nearly home I looked at my TX and the antennas were pointing a bit high so Im sure if they were pointed directly at the quad I would have had video for a lot longer

this flight took place before the law was changed last summer
see

Last edited:
Reactions: WessexWarrior
Thanks all I am picking up a p3a tomorrow comes with 3 batteries and a back pac so I am looking forward to trying out fir the first time!

your first post said that you were getting a standard P4 not a P3A there's a difference between the two

Ain't that the truth! Don't expect 3 miles from a stock P3. Even the advanced/professional will be less than a P4. I've had my P4P just a week and I love it. Itll never have the spot my first P3S has, but it's growing on me every day.
your first post said that you were getting a standard P4 not a P3A there's a difference between the two

Yes I was going to splurge on a p4 but I found a used p3a locally at a great price.

I know it will have lightbridge v1 which should be good enough for my first drone

I am getting 3 batteries and a back pac for 300 uk £ which I think is good value.

Ain't that the truth! Don't expect 3 miles from a stock P3. Even the advanced/professional will be less than a P4. I've had my P4P just a week and I love it. Itll never have the spot my first P3S has, but it's growing on me every day.
if you look at my post I did say my quad is a P3PRO not a standard and I'm sure that I can get 3 miles in an uninteruped LOS

WW I think you'll be happy with the P3A, my P3P is almost the same, have a great time with it

I have a really small back garden so today I have been getting used to taking off and landing (gently) and getting used to the controls (mode2) making micro adjustments . I fitted the indoor rotor protectors (just in case) which was a good thing as it is very windy and I made a couple of mistakes without breaking anything, when I got close to my greenhouse!

In summary OMG - I love it!

I am using an iPhone 6 but it's too small so I am off to buy a mini iPad now.

My first video came out overexposed, so I am wondering if there is a setting I can use to correct this or if I should get a polarising filter?

My first video came out overexposed, so I am wondering if there is a setting I can use to correct this or if I should get a polarising filter?
You need to set the camera to auto or manually set the exposure. Filters are only required if you want to get cinematic footage (which requires a specific shutter speed).

first scary "out of sight" flight in almost wind free conditions, at my local Iron Age (6th Century BC) Hill Fort.

Attachments

• DJI_0055.JPG
    DJI_0055.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 95
Last edited:
You need to set the camera to auto or manually set the exposure. Filters are only required if you want to get cinematic footage (which requires a specific shutter speed).
It was my right hand dial which controls EV+/- very useful!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures