Hello from NYC! -- new to the #dronelife

Reaction score
Hi everyone - I'm brand new here.

I don't have too much experience drone piloting, but figured I need a new expensive hobby to get into. I test drove a Phantom IV during SXSW and am sold on the DJI ecosystem. My only previous piloting experience was with a rather low quality Parrot mini drone that I couldn't stop from crashing into my walls. I now realize that was a "dumb" drone.

Being that I'm in NYC it will be a challenge for me to find space, so any advice for city-dwellers would be great.

Also, for a newbie would you all suggest me diving straight into the Phantom 4 if I could afford it? Or should I save a few $s and try a less expensive model? I'm only looking to use it recreationally, not commercially (though if I get really good I wouldn't mind making a few $s -- I'm a proam DSLR geek, but don't do much video).

Hi everyone - I'm brand new here.

I don't have too much experience drone piloting, but figured I need a new expensive hobby to get into. I test drove a Phantom IV during SXSW and am sold on the DJI ecosystem. My only previous piloting experience was with a rather low quality Parrot mini drone that I couldn't stop from crashing into my walls. I now realize that was a "dumb" drone.

Being that I'm in NYC it will be a challenge for me to find space, so any advice for city-dwellers would be great.

Also, for a newbie would you all suggest me diving straight into the Phantom 4 if I could afford it? Or should I save a few $s and try a less expensive model? I'm only looking to use it recreationally, not commercially (though if I get really good I wouldn't mind making a few $s -- I'm a proam DSLR geek, but don't do much video).
Hi .I'm Michael I leave in Brooklyn New York And am a member of Marine Park Flying field maybe we can get together .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan