Hello from Northern Ireland.

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm John from Bangor in Northern Ireland. I have recently taken up the hobby at the ripe old age of 72. I have a second or third hand Phantom 2 with Zenmuse gimbal and Go Pro Hero 3+ Black. FPV is through a Diversity LCD 5802. I'm a beginner and still making silly mistakes, but so far, none fatal! Yesterday, I used it to inspect the roof, and found a broken tile right at the top (where else!) so it looks like a climb up the ladder will be needed to fix it. Looking forward to being part of the group.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: jayjaytee1948
My parents have our Cunningham genealogy back to the 1400's and the Cunningham's lived in the Belfast area. Interesting read. It even tells when they married a Scottish woman.

My parents have our Cunningham genealogy back to the 1400's and the Cunningham's lived in the Belfast area. Interesting read. It even tells when they married a Scottish woman.
Cunningham wouldn't be a local name that I'm aware of WV, I would associate it more with the ROI. However, lots of residents here (including myself) can trace their ancestry back to the Plantation of Ulster by the Ulster Scots. Many of whom went on to populate a considerable number of areas of North America.

Hi John, Welcome to the forum - you have come to the right place for advice and tips. This forum has many very experienced members who share their knowledge freely so ask any questions and do share your own pictures and videos.

You are never too old to learn something new. Age can actually be an advantage because it makes us less prone to impetuous acts and naturally more cautious - traits that will stand you in good stead in your new hobby.

All the best to you from across the water in Devon. Martin

WELCOME ABOARD!

While I cannot tell you how to fix that tile roof, I'm lead to believe that a fellow ought to be very cautious on a tile roof!

My understanding is that those tiles can let go of the roof and send you skiing back down the slope while you are walking up to fix the one at the top. Myself, I'd set a safety rope and use a fall harness.

1626704478301.png

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic