Hello from northeast Oklahoma!

• Thread starter Deleted member 120408
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 120408

New pilot here from rural Creek County, OK. I have found a lot of great info already and recently purchased a used p3p from a forum user via eBay with perfect results in like new condition. Have flown out to 1600+ so far and am super excited with my experience and look forward to future experiences and knowledge to be gained here.

-Jason

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .?

Welcome to the forum! :)

Did you get any flood footage?

Did you get any flood footage?
No, I literally piloted my first 4 flights yesterday. I wish I had, it was awful for people to have experienced that first hand but man what a sight to behold. Mother nature vs. man-made makes for awesome potential footage more times than not.

Hi Jason, great to have you here! Every day I read the topics and more times than not, I learn something. There are many drone gurus on this forum, and we are so privileged to have their knowledge!
Again,Great to see you here ?

No, I literally piloted my first 4 flights yesterday. I wish I had, it was awful for people to have experienced that first hand but man what a sight to behold. Mother nature vs. man-made makes for awesome potential footage more times than not.

Thats for sure. When mother nature unleashes her wrath, people and structures don't stand a chance. Dramatic footage to be sure.

Hi Jason, great to have you here! Every day I read the topics and more times than not, I learn something. There are many drone gurus on this forum, and we are so privileged to have their knowledge!
Again,Great to see you here ?
Hey Leland!
We wouldn't be here if it weren't for you. LOL... We are having a blast! The whole family is actually. My wife and I got up this morning and sat in the yard drinking coffee at sunrise and flew all over town. I actually pushed her out to 5000+ today just on my phone FPV. *She was within eyesight the entire time.* It was beautiful. I'm not much of a photographer but I will be figuring out stat overlays and maps today and uploading videos of our flights soon just to keep a record of flights for ourselves and whoever else wants to take a look. Here's a snapshot from this morning, we flew to the football field and out about 3000' looking over my buddies hay meadows. Again, we appreciate the care you took with this bird and we have been blessed to have such a grand introduction into this hobby.

Thanks Brother!
Jason

Attachments

• DJI_0011.JPG
    DJI_0011.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 173
Hi Jason,
WOW, incredible picture! And very nice distance! Thank you for your kind words also.
Your P3P was my favorite one. Take care of it and it will give your family tons of great pictures and incredible video! You have made my day, my friend!
Thank you ?

Had my first pucker moment briefly this morning. LOL *note to self * when you select imperial vs. metric for footage readings be aware it's only for display. In my mind when I set max and RTH height I was setting in imperial measurements but clearly it' still reading in code as meters. I wanted to test out RTH and had settled on 200 RTH and 400 max alt. thinking in feet. So I set about on my merry way to push her into an area I had discovered that has some weird interference really close to home, 1100 ft. So I pushed in, she lost all signal pretty quick, I waited to see if telemetry or video would come online hoping it wouldn't. It didn't and within a few seconds the display said RTH. I waited approx 90-120 seconds and I still could not hear her buzzing overhead. So I had a slight panic moment then cancelled RTH and like magic I had video and all, full signal. She had stayed in place and flew straight up and by the time I caught on she was at 598ft. I brought her home and was about to get on here and panic search and it hit me, wait 200 meters is around 650 +/- feet. CHECK YOU SETTINGS rookie! Sure enough those 2 settings are set/saved in meters. I didn't panic long and things would have ended well I believe AND valuable lesson for today, pay closer attention to details.

Hi Jason,
Lol, yeah the settings for max distance and altitude are metric. I noticed it also when the first time I took it out of beginners mode. Well, alls well that ends well.
I set my RTH at 90 meters most times,because it is usually high enough to clear any trees. But it’s low enough to hear when she is getting nearer to me.
I am so glad that you are having fun,, and learning fast!!!
Take care,

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1