Hello from Minnesota

Reaction score
Hello, my names Billy... I don't own a drone yet but will have one in a couple weeks or so.
I am thinking of getting a "Mavric Pro" or the "Phantom 4 standard"... I am kinda leaning more toward the "Mavric Pro'... I'm a newbie and I don't know much about flying a drone..

From riding sports bikes to flying drones, they both crash...The only thing is, I won't be inside the drone if it does crash.
Sports-bikes are an expensive sport and I wish to ride again someday but its just too **** expensive for right now...
For now I think I will try the sport of drone flying..Flying drones look like a lot of fun but could also get ya in a lot of trouble if you don't follow the rules.. Soo many rules, rules, rules these days I wonder how many more rules they will make.. I think 2018 is gonna be a good year for buying a drone because next year who knows,,flying a drone could be illegal... Their always trying to take something away from us till we have nothing.. Until then lets all have fun flying are drones. :) Pease.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

They both are great choices (I assume you meant Phantom 3SE as there is no Phantom 4 Standard). The P3SE has a shorter range than the Mavic. If you are strictly looking to take photos or video, go for the Phantom. If you want easy portability and some fun sport flying, the Mavic may be better suited to you. Also, if you meant a Phantom 3 Standard, definitely get the Mavic. It has become my "goto" drone.

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Welcome to the PhantomPilots family! Do you mean the original Phantom 4? I have the Phantom 4 Pro and the Mavic Pro and Mavic Air. The Mavic Pro is still my go to machine, it's an all around good performer and it is so portable it's always with me. If I have some serious filming to do I use the P4P or Inspire Pro.
Fly safe and have fun!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94