Hello from Colorado

Reaction score
Hi, all! My P4P just arrived and I’m preparing to take the Part 107 exam. I am primarily a nature and wildlife photographer with a small studio/gallery in northern CO. I am thrilled at the possibilities that aerial perspectives will bring to my landscape photography, as well as opportunities for breaking into the real estate market. Aviation, physics, electronics and RCs are completely out of my wheelhouse but I’m really excited to learn so I hope you all won’t mind a lot of questions!

Anyone else in the Fort Collins/Loveland/Longmont area?

Thanks, guys! I look forward to delving into this forum!

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Welcome to the forum, the hobby, and the addiction LOL.

Once you have completed your Part 107 testing you should consider joining our sister forum
https://commercialdronepilots.com

The site is currently down for a System Upgrade (should be up late tonight) but it's a valuable resource for a legit sUAS professional.

Welcome to the forum, the hobby, and the addiction LOL.

Once you have completed your Part 107 testing you should consider joining our sister forum
https://commercialdronepilots.com

The site is currently down for a System Upgrade (should be up late tonight) but it's a valuable resource for a legit sUAS professional.

Thank you so much! I will most definitely do so! I appreciate the suggestion. [emoji4]

Reactions: BigAl07
Welcome. Be warned, Hawks and eagles may come after your quad. Also quads are noisy. Have fun.

Good to know about hawks and eagles. Lots of those around here. Thanks for the warning! I do wish the quads were less noisy, for sure. Not looking forward to the potential for complaints from bystanders.

Reactions: BigAl07
Good to know about hawks and eagles. Lots of those around here. Thanks for the warning! I do wish the quads were less noisy, for sure. Not looking forward to the potential for complaints from bystanders.
I have a lot of hawks around me. So far they have not given me any trouble. Of course any bird is more aggressive when you come around their nest.
I am an amateur nature photographer. I am very at home in the forest. I was a survivalist before it became popular on TV. I’m older and can’t do what I use to do. The perspective you get with a quad gives you a lot more versatility. Use nd filters when videoing. Try to keep your shutter speed twice your frames pre second with video. It gives slight blur. Good in video photography. Take your time in learning your quad. Read a lot. You can learn so much on this forum. Good luck.

Reactions: SheFlies2
I have a lot of hawks around me. So far they have not given me any trouble. Of course any bird is more aggressive when you come around their nest.
I am an amateur nature photographer. I am very at home in the forest. I was a survivalist before it became popular on TV. I’m older and can’t do what I use to do. The perspective you get with a quad gives you a lot more versatility. Use nd filters when videoing. Try to keep your shutter speed twice your frames pre second with video. It gives slight blur. Good in video photography. Take your time in learning your quad. Read a lot. You can learn so much on this forum. Good luck.

I appreciate the advice! Cool that you are also a nature photographer. Do you have an IG account? I do plan on taking my time in learning about my quad. I really want to master this thing both in photography techniques and in learning proper maintenance and how all of the components work.

I appreciate the advice! Cool that you are also a nature photographer. Do you have an IG account? I do plan on taking my time in learning about my quad. I really want to master this thing both in photography techniques and in learning proper maintenance and how all of the components work.
No, I use to do Panoramio, then when it closed I haven’t done much posting. I enjoy making photo stories of my adventures and posting them on my wife’s FB.

Hi, all! My P4P just arrived and I’m preparing to take the Part 107 exam. I am primarily a nature and wildlife photographer with a small studio/gallery in northern CO. I am thrilled at the possibilities that aerial perspectives will bring to my landscape photography, as well as opportunities for breaking into the real estate market. Aviation, physics, electronics and RCs are completely out of my wheelhouse but I’m really excited to learn so I hope you all won’t mind a lot of questions!

Anyone else in the Fort Collins/Loveland/Longmont area?

Thanks, guys! I look forward to delving into this forum!
Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

Welcome to Phantom Pilots from Dayton Ohio, Enjoy your new P4P, Fly safe and have fun!

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.
Enjoy!

Hello,
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.
Enjoy!

Thank you so much! I appreciate the “hello” [emoji4]

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
Hello,
Enjoy!

Thank you! [emoji1317]

Reactions: LuvMyTJ

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1