Hello, bit of help needed.

Wish I knew why my iPad will allows me access to the Go app without the aircraft hooked up.
Forgive me if I am misunderstanding, but AFAIK we can all access GO without the aircraft (or the RC) being connected.
Some people do it by just touching the drop down list of Phantom models which then enables the camera view option.
Others swipe the picture of the various models left / right to enable the camera view option.
Once the CAMERA option is enabled, just touch it to enter the app.

Of course you can't use the simulator without the P3 being connected, and you also can't see all of the setting options without the P3 being connected, but you can goof around in the app and check out a lot of the menus.

Is this what you mean or are you talking about something totally different? If the latter, my humble apology.

Last edited:
Reactions: kirk2579 and J Dot
Forgive me if I am misunderstanding, but AFAIK we can all access GO without the aircraft being connected.
Some people do it by just touching the drop down list of Phantom models which then enables the camera view option.
Others swipe the picture of the various models left / right to enable the camera view option.

Of course you can't use the simulator without the P3 being connected, and you also can't see all of the setting options without the P3 being connected, but you can goof around in the app and check out a lot of the menus.

Is this what you mean or are you talking about something totally different? If the latter, my humble apology.
My GO app would not let me into camera view until I fixed the USB/firmware issue. Once I connected it to my phantom, I no longer need anything connected to my phone to access the camera page on the app.

Reactions: J Dot and Mocho
Forgive me if I am misunderstanding, but AFAIK we can all access GO without the aircraft (or the RC) being connected.

My ignorance shining through Oso.
I thought the IOS vr. of the Go app needed to be able to communicate with the bird, before it display's the camera button. So I wonder why J Dot can't access the camera mode in the app without a connection?

Possibly the tablet needs to connect at least once, then cache's enough data to be able to get to the Camera button without a connection?

Reactions: J Dot
Some people do it by just touching the drop down list of Phantom models which conneles the camera view option.

Why didn't you tell us this shortcut sooner?? Jk.
This works great. I wish I knew this a long time ago. It would have saved a lot of time. THANK YOU!

My ignorance shining through Oso.
I thought the IOS vr. of the Go app needed to be able to communicate with the bird, before it display's the camera button. So I wonder why J Dot can't access the camera mode in the app without a connection?

Possibly the tablet needs to connect at least once, then cache's enough data to be able to get to the Camera button without a connection?
It works great on my iPad Mini 2. A real time saver. I'll be using this tip all the time now.

Why didn't you tell us this shortcut sooner?? Jk.
This works great. I wish I knew this a long time ago. It would have saved a lot of time. THANK YOU!
You're welcome. Glad it helps you a bit.

Hey Guys/Gals,
Wel let me start by saying " Thanks, to you all! " your brilliance is overwhelming!

Ok
A bit of good news!
As a last ditch effort, I grabbed my son's HTC Desire 626 ( had my doubts ) but figured new cable, new device? Hmmmm?
So I loaded android version DJI go, and hooked to Tx with new cable and HTC device,

I'M IN! WOOOOO HOOOOOO!

I've not messed around yet in it, but rather went immediately to about page, I FINALLY got Tx firmware, and was wondering if you guys could look at all the info, and see if it is good , or do I need to alter firmwares?

Ok
APP 2.8.4
A/c. 1.7.60+
R/c. 1.5.70
SER # 03z0189743

This was the info I got through app, also red bar saying I NEED to upgrade a/c firmware! But I ignored it for now, but IT is finally working for me!

So
1 of 2 results
1) outdated device?
2) bad cables?
( I'm thinking cable issue as some are using my same devices with success ) can't see why mine don't work, but 3 bad cables? Super coincidence? o_O
As android device works in same USB slot. Weird!

Still have not done compass cal or anything like that, just want firmwares to coexist first! Lol

But looks like some BRIGHT SUN SHINNY DAYS AHEAD!

At least my feet touch bottom now!
I feel confident this bird will fly! Maybe a few more tweaks and adjustments, I'll be annoying the neighbors In NO TIME!

I figure when I get compatible firmwares, I'll do all the calibrations and such, one step at a time!
I won't lie, getting excited, my friends!
Thanks to you, I'll be up in the air soon! You guys are TRUELY the BEST!

J Dot
:cool:

I FINALLY got Tx firmware, and was wondering if you guys could look at all the info, and see if it is good , or do I need to alter firmwares?

Ok
APP 2.8.4
A/c. 1.7.60+
R/c. 1.5.70
Looks like both FW versions are pre encryption change, so they should be good.

The "+" caused me some pause as that sometimes indicates the next higher version when people upgrade. Since I know you just downgraded from 1.8 to 1.7, I'm guessing that is what the "+" indicates in your case.

I cant wait to hear that you are in the air and loving it!

Well
That might be delayed! Lol
West coast of Florida is getting HAMMERED by a HUGE tropical depression! Luckily North of me ( I say that with a heavy tongue , as I worry about me neighbors to the north! ) I wish you all the BEST OF LUCK!

But
At least I can mess with app In conjunction with manual, and LEARN, LEARN, LEARN.
Hopefully when I do get a chance to start flying, I can pick your brains for all the best TIPS & TRICKS, you've learned along the way, to get the ultimate performance from my new machine! Yes ( windsurfers on my list ) aluminum one, pretty cool, I might go for the HDMI module, as FATSHARK V3's have been a wanted item for some time ( my hobby mate q210 racing drone I'm building ) so that will be setup for the day I get some goggles!

I am interested in some good filters, they will most likely be my second buy, after a new device!
( Best Buy has a nice set ( rotor logics or something like that, set of 4 with bag, and cap )) pretty nice set, but as always, I'll turn to the PRO's, for some sound advice!

J Dot

Reactions: dirkclod
Glad to hear things r coming along! :)

JDot just know that the latest version of the DJI Go app creates different logs that can't be read by phantom.com log tool :(
There is also increased video lag in the latest vr. of the Android app.
I'd stay with Android v2.83 or older.

I'm sure Frank will have an opinion on the best vr. to use. :)

Good to know info,
I can revert to any version of DJI GO APP, if anyone's knows the best version to use with my firmwares ( if that matters? )
If not than the most popular/useable version, as I would DEFINATELY like to be able to use and view log files, that would be a plus!:)

Thanks for the heads up! A+

J Dot

AFAIK, You can not revert the Go app. Unless through iTunes?

RedHotPoker

Hello Guys,
No, my craft does not work with any of my iOS devices? Not sure why?
( I did however order a new ( shorter ) iOS cable, to see once and for all, answer the question ( outdated device/cable failure ? ) just for my own knowledge mostly!

Got it working on my son's HTC Desire 626 ( android ) just for testing, and learning.

I'm tossed between 2 devices,
So I'm going to do this

( IF I get paid in full or close to it )
Buying IPAD AIR 2! ( with come with needed cable, as mine are the old 32 pin or whatever you call it?

( if I DONT get paid in full )
Navidia shield

( if I DONT get paid )
At least I get my ONE phone call!
:)

I'm hoping paid in full as I'm an iOS guy, and know how to revert iOS, but android, your guess is as good as mine, and if there is a way, I don't know it!o_O

Well
Fooled with it some more
Now getting this message when I touch Tx sticks
image.jpeg

Also getting a warning when app opens ( RC signal extremely weak, fly with caution )? Maybe the 2 are linked to something weird with Tx, was going to try calibrating the Tx , to see if it goes away?

J Dot

This comment:" The dji main focus on the smart battery has been to limit the life of the batteries. Prior to battery firmware changes it looked like we could easily get 250-300 flights out of the batteries. Now I'm not sure if 100 flights is possible."

My point was I never got more than 60 flights from properly maintained LiPos. You seemed to suggest they (DJI) are limiting life via f/w from 300 to 100 flights.

I never got 100 from any Hobby 3S LiPo ever!!!

300 to 100...I have not gotten 100 on a single battery either, but that is only due to having 4-5 total batteries that I would use in a sequence and not the same one over and over. I do know for a fact I use to pay a lot less for dji batteries that lasted longer in every way.

If you think about it, the way they have used the battery settings...overall the smart battery has been a joke. It has been anything but a smart battery. What is the point of forcing the users into a battery that cost more and performs less? If you observe the history this battery, it has been an all around let down to the P3. A should be state-of-art battery and it has done nothing but make the P3 a lesser unit. It's unfortunate, but this is fact. The performance was just reduced again for the 2nd time. This time in firmware 1.9.6.

What's your thoughts on these batteries?

One of the joys about Android, you can load whichever app vr. you want :)

Didn't know u could revert back using IOS.
But as you said, not with Apple.
They try and keep an 'arse tight' ship, at Apple Corp. ;-)

Mind you, if the iOS device is jailbroken... Ha
Nudge-nudge, wink-wink say no more!! Eh?
Take any naughty pics lately... Hahaha

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20