Hello all from Vancouver Island Canada

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
A brief history: Lots of Hours on RC's, cars, trucks, boats, then got bit by the flight bug in the early 2000's with the multi rotor helicopters, graduating to single rotors then progressing to drones. I currently am piloting the Phantom4 Pro plus with 70 plus logged flight hours, I must admit it has exceeded all of my expectations and I am very pleased with the 4K video.

I have had the opportunity to pilot the Inspire 2...What an amazing bird! It's next on my list.
As a professional Videograper/Photograper it has been a game changer to have the ability to take arial video or stills.
I am happy to say that I am fully licensed with Transport Canada, acquiring my ROCa (restricted operator certificate Aeronautical) , also I am carrying 100k in UAV insurance, the minimum required by Canadian law.
I look forward to conversing with like minded peeps.
***Mic drop***
Mikes Projeckt.jpg

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
A brief history: Lots of Hours on RC's, cars, trucks, boats, then got bit by the flight bug in the early 2000's with the multi rotor helicopters, graduating to single rotors then progressing to drones. I currently am piloting the Phantom4 Pro with 70 plus logged flight hours, I must admit it has exceeded all of my expectations and I am very pleased with the 4K video.

I have had the opportunity to pilot the Inspire 2...What an amazing bird! It's next on my list.
As a professional Videograper/Photograper it has been a game changer to have the ability to take arial video or stills.
I am happy to say that I am fully licensed with Transport Canada, also acquiring my ROCa (restricted operator certificate Aeronautical) also I have UAV insurance.
***Mic drop***View attachment 106303
Welcome sir!

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

Welcome!! Nice to see another Canadian here, I wish I lived there to fly ;)

Hi everyone,
A brief history: Lots of Hours on RC's, cars, trucks, boats, then got bit by the flight bug in the early 2000's with the multi rotor helicopters, graduating to single rotors then progressing to drones. I currently am piloting the Phantom4 Pro with 70 plus logged flight hours, I must admit it has exceeded all of my expectations and I am very pleased with the 4K video.

I am happy to say that I am fully licensed with Transport Canada, also acquiring my ROCa (restricted operator certificate Aeronautical) also I have UAV insurance.
Welcome to the group. That is a beautiful landscape there. Looking forward to more.

Hi everyone,

Hi Great to hear from you, your just a continent plus an an ocean away from the UK, bit far for a drone, but enjoy the club.

Welcome to the forum! :)

3rdof5...BRRRR! I used to live in Edmonton, nice place but she's cold up there.
Thanks for the welcome PhantomFandom, fw190 and msinger!!
We are having a mild winter. It's plus 2 here now. I'd much rather be on the island tho!!!

Welcome to the forum. Spent 3 weeks on Vancouver Island this past summer - such a beautiful part of the country. Would love to live there and fly my P3S and Spark, but will have to settle for the area in and around Barrie, Ontario.

We are also having one of those wacky winters again - early snow this year but the temps have been up and down. Yesterday we got about 6cm of snow and it was around -3ºC, today it is pouring rain and +3ºC.

Here's a shot from yesterday.
View attachment TinyPlanet Panorama 7 Hendrie Tract-Edit-2.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20