Hello to all Phantom Pilots, from Western New York

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Figured I should introduce myself. Nice to be here.

Long story not so short, HAHA.

I've been into RC since I was a kid, I'm 37 now. I don't come from a very well off household and the good RC's were always way out of my reach back then, but I got toy level RC stuff which kept me interested. In and out of the hobby a few times since I got over the age where I can buy my own expensive 'toys'. I've been into all kinds of RC but a few years ago I got into Blade Helicopters pretty heavy, progressed up to the collective pitch 3d birds, but just micros. I crashed them a lot always trying new things. Large helis would not have been as easy on the wallet. I bought a few big helis, and did some easy flights, but always sold them before the inevitable. (they all crash at some point, all of them)

Stopped flying for about a year, then I got interested in FPV racing drones, because, well, FPV yo. But I never did pull the trigger on a racing drone, they all had some sort of compromise @ my budget. A few months ago I got a P3 Standard on a great deal from Target, back when they were having they whole clearance debacle. My area never did participate in the clearance, but I found one "repackaged" (online order that was returned, but still sealed), for the clearance price.

With my background (not trying to boast) this thing is a piece of cake to fly. But with my aspirations to get into FPV, I grew out of the range and letancy on the standard, well, after the first flight really. It left me wanting more. I did about 6 flights on the Standard, but I wasn't impressed with the range or video feed.

So I figured I'd better sell the standard quad on CL while it was still practically brand new, and picked up a P3 Advanced. WOW I am absolutely in love. This is basically what I've been waiting for my entire flying career. Practically no lag on the screen. Range is ample. The transmitter is WAY better than the Std Tx. I'm hooked. First time out I was out 1000' away in dense city, flying FPV through the camera. It was finally the surreal experience I've been looking for.

Anyways glad to have found this forum and I wish you all Happy Flying and safe returns.

Best Regards, Randy

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark C.
that's awesome just wait till you mod your rc then it gets really fun

I don't think I've ever had an RC that didn't get "hopped up". This one though, will get minimal modifications.

I'm thinking about taking it completely apart and painting it black, though. But probably will not.

put on dbs mod you will double or triple your distance instead of painting get a skin for it

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj