HeliPal RTF

Reaction score
Has anybody here purchased an RTF package from HeliPal?

I am naturally a skeptic and don't trust most people to build stuff for me. I'm also crazy OCD so I like everything to be neatly done and well laid out. I'm thinking an F550 is going to be my next rig, one that I would use professionally for aerial video and photos with a GoPro, so I'm looking at both the HeliPal ARF and RTF kits.

Part of me wants the experience of building one myself and the other part of me gets nervous and just wants it to be put together right from the start.

Thoughts on HeliPal's RTF kits like the one they have on sale right now?

http://www.helipal.com/dji-flamewheel-f ... e-rtf.html

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Fink said:
Has anybody here purchased an RTF package from HeliPal?

I am naturally a skeptic and don't trust most people to build stuff for me. I'm also crazy OCD so I like everything to be neatly done and well laid out. I'm thinking an F550 is going to be my next rig, one that I would use professionally for aerial video and photos with a GoPro, so I'm looking at both the HeliPal ARF and RTF kits.

Part of me wants the experience of building one myself and the other part of me gets nervous and just wants it to be put together right from the start.

Thoughts on HeliPal's RTF kits like the one they have on sale right now?

http://www.helipal.com/dji-flamewheel-f ... e-rtf.html

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Do what I did, I bought it and then I took it apart to see how they assembled it. I found it to be assembled pretty well. I had no issues and I'd do it again.

I also did the RTF route and am glad I did. I have read too many stories of builds that didn't go well, and I have enough stress in my job, I don't want to add more from my hobby!

Purchased the ARF kit (with Naza V2 and H3-2D). Added on the mini iOSD, Can Hub, and used an old Immersion 250mw VTX. Built it with my two pals/partners and am so glad I went that route. As a relative noob, there was no better way for us to get familiar with how the machine works. Plus if something goes wrong, the knowledge gained goes a long way in helping to determine the fault. My two cents: (1) there are NO INSTRUCTIONS for any of these Chinese made items so just know that you'll be spending a lot of time on YouTube. (2) before diving in and attaching the motors and ESC's to the arms, make sure you are putting the motors on the correct arms. Not sure about the previous motors, but with the E300 system that our ARF kit came with, there are arrows on each motor showing where they should spin. This is especially critical if you are going to be using the DJI self-tightening props. We had attached the motors on and then powered the machine on. When a particular motor was not spinning in the direction as the DJI chart indicated we just reversed the ESC wiring. But the mistake there is that the self-tightening props need to go onto the corresponding motor that spins in the direction that it requires.

Good luck!

I bought it. Did what Fangs did. Liked it. It was a good build by them although I was a little irritated that they didn't leave a JST plug with power on it (like they advertise for the basic - they used it up on some extras that I bought). First step was to take the top off and look at all of it. Added some extra power hookups for LEDs, etc, added a better rx, some headlights, velcro for the batteries, and more - and reassembled it. Not exactly a build but it was educational. I then went on to build a bigger one based on what I learned. It was an expensive classroom, I guess, but it was fun and I got a 550 for my troubles. ;-}

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4