100% New to flying. Excited. Nervous. Scared.

Reaction score
Hello!

Okay I'm never one to say I know everything so with that I will say I know nothing about quadcopters and flying my soon to be delivered Phantom 3 Standard. I've thought for a while it would be cool to own one so I decided to take the plunge a couple weeks ago. I chose the Standard after reading and watching tons of things and I think I've made the right choice because at the end of the day I want to fly, have fun and shoot some cool video/pictures. Nothing professional or things like that... just things for me.

One thing I've read is to read the manual front to back, which I will do. Follow the rules of flight, which I will also do. Download the app... I'll do all the things. I will learn all things once I have it. I'm excited.

The nervous and scared part comes in here. I read horrible things about how updating the firmware will/can wig your Phantom out. I definitely don't want that. Last thing I want to do is lose it when I just got it.

So one of my questions is, Is this firmware issue I read about an old thing? I read a few things that had old dates on them (around a year old) but then found some that were pretty current.

Next question is which app to download? Things I read say the problems are with DJI and their app. Some say they had problems with their copter but are running the Litchi or AutoPilot app. I'll pay the extra for the app if it's worth it.. but again from what I read sounds like the problems start with DJI. ???

Can anyone clear up this concern for? I want to open that box and have fun, not pull my hair out. I'll be using either my iPhone 6 or iPad mini to fly. Leaning towards the iPad so I don't tie up my phone as I use it run my business.

Thanks in advance... looking forward to interacting with you all in this very informative forum. Be cool!

Joe

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Is this firmware issue I read about an old thing? I read a few things that had old dates on them (around a year old) but then found some that were pretty current.
Firmware updates are optional. While DJI GO will prompt you to install new updates, you do not have to install them. Just ignore the prompts and go fly.

I like to install all firmware updates after they are known to be stable. By that, I mean I usually wait a few days to make sure none of the early adopters are running into any major issues. Updating the firmware will allow you to take advantage of the latest changes, new features, fixes, and undocumented fixes.

The current P3S firmware is stable, so it would be okay to install if you would like to run the latest version. DJI doesn't keep great documentation of what each update includes, but you can find the major changes in the release notes. The release notes are available on the P3S downloads page.

Getting people to install the firmware properly can be a challenge. The P3S updates are pretty easy since it's all done from DJI GO. Here's a video showing how that process works:

which app to download?
Start with DJI GO. You'll need it to activate your Phantom, update the firmware (optional), and setup all of the settings. Even if you decide to use 3rd party software in the future, you should still keep DJI GO installed in case you need to come back and update the firmware or change any of the settings not available in 3rd party software.

I fly both the Standard and the P3Pro. I use the Pro if I want great range, and the Standard to test firmware and to just have fun close in. Most folks with the Standard are not able to go out much more than about 2,000 feet. I can't go out more than about 1,200 feet with mine for some reason. I have never crashed the S, and have never had any real problems with it that I could not figure out myself. I do firmly believe that having a working knowledge of computers will help a great deal when doing firmware updates and for figuring out any problems. I would also recommend staying with the DJI Go app for now. It's free and I have not had any problems with it. Some of the problems you will see mentioned on this forum are directly related to the viewing device in use. Mostly dealing with App crashes and lagging video. Here is what I recommend for a new time pilot.

Start the video recorder on every flight, and choose the option in the app to "Record Locally". That way you will have two copies of the flight, one on the drone's SD card, and one in you viewing device.Stay in Beginner's mode until you are comfortable with the machine. Fly in an open space with no trees or building, just in case you lose control. If you do lose control, just take your finger off the controls and let the thing just hover in place until you figure out what is going on. Keep the top right toggle switch in the full forward GPS position at all times. In that position, the drone will just sit there in a stable hover and wait for you to regain your cool...so to speak! Even the wind will not move it from that point.

Also, be very careful of those whirling propellers. They are sharp, and very dangerous if they come into contact with you skin! Never fly the drone in close proximity to people. Always take off and go up to about 10 feet or so right away just so you are clear of people and yourself. Here is a link to one of my early videos where I learned that lesson the hard way:

I was pretty new at flying the drones at that point, and it got me good. My neighbor has a two inch scar over his right eye from a similar situation. So be careful!

Another thing, the Standard uses Wifi to connect the drone to the viewing device. You will have to know how to switch the device from your home Wifi and back to your drone. On my Samgung Note 3, I have to go into Setting, then Wifi, then connect to the Phantom. Verify it! I think that is also a source of confusion with new pilots.

Reading the entire manual is highly recommend idea. But there is a lot of information in it to absorb. You won't get a complete manual in the box. You have to go to the DJI web page and download it for free. Do that now and start looking it over.

Reactions: dayviduk and Joza
Fantastic guys... and much appreciated. I'm all good with habit of updating things (or not) with all the software I run for work. I too like to let a little time pass between updating as well.

These are great tips and again I really appreciate it.

Next question is which app to download? Things I read say the problems are with DJI and their app. Some say they had problems with their copter but are running the Litchi or AutoPilot app. I'll pay the extra for the app if it's worth it.. but again from what I read sounds like the problems start with DJI. ???

Can anyone clear up this concern for? I want to open that box and have fun, not pull my hair out. I'll be using either my iPhone 6 or iPad mini to fly. Leaning towards the iPad so I don't tie up my phone as I use it run my business.

Thanks in advance... looking forward to interacting with you all in this very informative forum. Be cool!

Joe

Welcome to your new addiction.

My experience with GO was that it was (may still be, dunno) VERY unstable. It crashed constantly. To the point I was afraid to even lift off with my P3A when I first got it. I found Litchi. And I have never flown with GO. 100% of my flights has been with Litchi or another app which was in beta but I don't use any longer. Ironic how a beta app was more stable than GO eh? I don't know how stable GO is (was) on iOS, I am all Android. YMMV. But I am not risking $1k, or $2k, or $4k in the case of my Inspire on an app I have zero confidence in.

Also, with GO and DJI's proven history of screwing things up with firmware and tracking data (yes, it phones home, alot), I don't allow GO to access the internet. With my personal experience with GO, I don't trust it and I won't fly with it. But, again, thousands of people do. Its possible I am an anomaly. I am simply stating my experiences and observations with it.

As I said, I am android, but I use an app called UAV Forcast for pre-flight planning as well as day-of-flight fly/nofly weather decision data. I presume there is a similar app for iOS (sure someone will pop in with one). It connects to weather servers and presents you with fly/nofly information that is very important to you as a pilot and uAV pilot in particular. Its not just wind and precip. There is more to it such as visibility, high altitude winds, sun spot activity and GPS satellite coverage. UAVF also has a map and alerts with NFZs near your location and shows marker discs on the map as a visual aid.

Don't be too afraid to fly. Just enjoy.

As a starter tip, do not baby your takeoff. Don't make the mistake of trying to inch it off the ground. When you are ready, push the throttle up like you own it. Get it a few feet off the ground and relax. It will stabilize on its own. Trying to baby it can cause it to tip by catching the landing gear on the ground while it wallers about side to side front to back while its in its ground effect buffer area. This is the area where the craft is within the turbulence caused by the prop wash hitting the ground and bubbling all around. By getting it up a few feet quickly, its well out of that zone and into clear air.

The same is true on landing. You don't want to get it close to the ground and try to baby it mere inches off the ground. Get it down and then when a few inches, put it on the ground and cut the throttle. The landing gear is designed as a shock absorber. Obviously don't slam it into the ground but you don't need to be tender either.

Or learn to hand catch (which is very easy on P3 models). It can be nerve wracking the first time or two but after that its really easier than in writing and its safer than actually landing it on a rough ground (especially grass). Hover the P3 a bit above head height (so you could still walk under it). Reach up with your right hand and grasp one of the vertical struts of the landing gear. Hold firmly. Then with your left hand (thumb), press the throttle completely down toward you. The P3 will sense no movement, assume its on a hard surface and shut the motors off. Release the throttle and now you can then easily and safely set it down wherever you like.

Reactions: Joza

My experience with GO was that it was (may still be, dunno) VERY unstable. It crashed constantly. To the point I was afraid to even lift off with my P3A when I first got it. I found Litchi. And I have never flown with GO. 100% of my flights has been with Litchi or another app which was in beta but I don't use any longer. Ironic how a beta app was more stable than GO eh? I don't know how stable GO is (was) on iOS, I am all Android. YMMV. But I am not risking $1k, or $2k, or $4k in the case of my Inspire on an app I have zero confidence in.

Also, with GO and DJI's proven history of screwing things up with firmware and tracking data (yes, it phones home, alot), I don't allow GO to access the internet. With my personal experience with GO, I don't trust it and I won't fly with it. But, again, thousands of people do. Its possible I am an anomaly. I am simply stating my experiences and observations with it.

As I said, I am android, but I use an app called UAV Forcast for pre-flight planning as well as day-of-flight fly/nofly weather decision data. I presume there is a similar app for iOS (sure someone will pop in with one). It connects to weather servers and presents you with fly/nofly information that is very important to you as a pilot and uAV pilot in particular. Its not just wind and precip. There is more to it such as visibility, high altitude winds, sun spot activity and GPS satellite coverage. UAVF also has a map and alerts with NFZs near your location and shows marker discs on the map as a visual aid.

As a starter tip, do not baby your takeoff. Don't make the mistake of trying to inch it off the ground. When you are ready, push the throttle up like you own it. Get it a few feet off the ground and relax. It will stabilize on its own. Trying to baby it can cause it to tip by catching the landing gear on the ground while it wallers about side to side front to back while its in its ground effect buffer area. This is the area where the craft is within the turbulence caused by the prop wash hitting the ground and bubbling all around. By getting it up a few feet quickly, its well out of that zone and into clear air.

The same is true on landing. You don't want to get it close to the ground and try to baby it mere inches off the ground. Get it down and then when a few inches, put it on the ground and cut the throttle. The landing gear is designed as a shock absorber. Obviously don't slam it into the ground but you don't need to be tender either.

Or learn to hand catch (which is very easy on P3 models). It can be nerve wracking the first time or two but after that its really easier than in writing and its safer than actually landing it on a rough ground (especially grass). Hover the P3 a bit above head height (so you could still walk under it). Reach up with your right hand and grasp one of the vertical struts of the landing gear. Hold firmly. Then with your left hand (thumb), press the throttle completely down toward you. The P3 will sense no movement, assume its on a hard surface and shut the motors off. Release the throttle and now you can then easily and safely set it down wherever you like.
GO is rock solid on Android , has been for last couple of versions .

Reactions: Wolfiesden

Thanks so much. I'm excited to start flying so I appreciate all the info I can get.

GO is rock solid on Android , has been for last couple of versions .

As I said. YMMV. My experience was the opposite. It crashed. And it just closed. Constantly.

I actually had the P3A on the driveway with props spun up about to take off and BAM! Go closed. It was as close as I have come to putting a bird in the air with GO. That was the deciding point at which I chose to investigate other options. Litchi surfaced very quickly as a good choice.

In the years since and hundreds of flights on 2 and now 3 birds. Not once has litchi frozen. It has not ever closed unexpectedly. It has done nothing to make me doubt its stability and reliability. There was one time when after an upgrade my missions were making the bird spin strangely but it was a setting apparently I had set accidentally or that got set during the update. Fixed setting, been fine since.

The version of GO I have on my phone that I use with my Osmo Mobile works. Mostly. It has frozen a couple times. Not as bad as the one from my early P3A flights. But, well, once burned, twice shy. If Litchi worked with my Osmo Mobile I wouldn't use GO there either.

So I have two choices:
1. Fly with an app that I have personally flown hundreds of flights with, has performed 100% perfectly every time. Has never crashed. Never locked up. Never closed. And has as many or more features than #2 below. Does not phone home. Does not force updates I don't want or need.

2: Fly with an app that would not run long enough to get off the ground. Constantly crashed. Randomly closed. Phones home. Forces updates I don't want or need. And still freezes, albeit less so than before.

So if you were putting a $1000 P3P in the air or a $4000 Inspire in the air, which choice do you think I go with? I choose #1. Litchi.

Many MANY people fly with GO. Many trust it. It works for MANY. It did not work for me. Millions drive Ford cars and trucks. Many have personal experience with F.O.R.D. (Found On Road Dead). Luck of the draw. Despite my phone being on their official supported list, it didn't work well. No other app does or has done what GO did on that phone. Don't know if its that specific phone, that model of phone, that specific revision of Android, or some combination thereof. DJI had no answers. Folks on this forum had no answers. I moved on. Litchi runs. I went flying. Been happy ever since.

Thanks so much. I'm excited to start flying so I appreciate all the info I can get.

Don't overthink it. Its not like you are hooking your first born up on a giant rubber band jump ride run by a drunk carnie and telling her to jump. Its a P3S. No, its not cheap. But its not the end of the world if something doesn't go right. It came with an extra set of props for a reason.

Reactions: Joza
As I said. YMMV. My experience was the opposite. It crashed. And it just closed. Constantly.

I actually had the P3A on the driveway with props spun up about to take off and BAM! Go closed. It was as close as I have come to putting a bird in the air with GO. That was the deciding point at which I chose to investigate other options. Litchi surfaced very quickly as a good choice.

In the years since and hundreds of flights on 2 and now 3 birds. Not once has litchi frozen. It has not ever closed unexpectedly. It has done nothing to make me doubt its stability and reliability. There was one time when after an upgrade my missions were making the bird spin strangely but it was a setting apparently I had set accidentally or that got set during the update. Fixed setting, been fine since.

The version of GO I have on my phone that I use with my Osmo Mobile works. Mostly. It has frozen a couple times. Not as bad as the one from my early P3A flights. But, well, once burned, twice shy. If Litchi worked with my Osmo Mobile I wouldn't use GO there either.

So I have two choices:
1. Fly with an app that I have personally flown hundreds of flights with, has performed 100% perfectly every time. Has never crashed. Never locked up. Never closed. And has as many or more features than #2 below. Does not phone home. Does not force updates I don't want or need.

2: Fly with an app that would not run long enough to get off the ground. Constantly crashed. Randomly closed. Phones home. Forces updates I don't want or need. And still freezes, albeit less so than before.

So if you were putting a $1000 P3P in the air or a $4000 Inspire in the air, which choice do you think I go with? I choose #1. Litchi.

Many MANY people fly with GO. Many trust it. It works for MANY. It did not work for me. Millions drive Ford cars and trucks. Many have personal experience with F.O.R.D. (Found On Road Dead). Luck of the draw. Despite my phone being on their official supported list, it didn't work well. No other app does or has done what GO did on that phone. Don't know if its that specific phone, that model of phone, that specific revision of Android, or some combination thereof. DJI had no answers. Folks on this forum had no answers. I moved on. Litchi runs. I went flying. Been happy ever since.
People have problems with everything including IOS and Litchi , Android versions of GO 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 were very bad , 3.1.4 , 3.1.5 , 3.1.6 , 3.1.7 and 3.1.8 have been perfect with no crashes , good range , minimal lag , all functions working .

So here is what I did. Before flying I checked out a number of You Tube videos, particularly the first time unboxing and first flight videos. I paid particular attention to the flight checklist, there's a good one on this site. When I received my P3S I unboxed it and went through the procedures to activate all parts, establish connectivity and do an engine start. All indoors. A firmware update activated which I let run making sure not to interrupt it. During this time I charged the batteries in all three components in preparation for my first flight. Another thing I did was spend a couple of hours on the flight simulator familiarising myself with the flight controls, also making sure I understood how to use the auto take-off and landing options along with RTH. Just remember to take the gimble guard off before you activate the AC. I still fall for that one sometimes.

Feeling comfortable with the equipment I chose a quiet large grassy area for my first flight. I assembled the aircraft, attached a gimble guard and UV lens filter (additional items purchased), set the AC to beginner mode and prepared to launch. For my first launch I used the auto take-off option then went flying. I switched the video on before take off so I would have a complete record of my first flight. I flew some circuits and practiced landing and also activated the RTH feature to see how it worked. I did try a manual landing on my third landing and succeeded in tipping the AC over - lesson learned. I have used the auto landing feature from that point on. Having flown other remote controlled AC I knew pretty much what to expect. The key to success was initial familiarisation and not getting too ambitious. Every flight since I have pushed the AC a little further. I switched off beginner mode for my third flight.

My approach has been to regard the AC as a camera platform rather than something to fly. Considering the built in safe guards the machine pretty much looks after itself letting me get on with the job of positioning it for recording video and pics.

Good luck and hope this helps.

Reactions: Neon Euc
So here is what I did. Before flying I checked out a number of You Tube videos, particularly the first time unboxing and first flight videos. I paid particular attention to the flight checklist, there's a good one on this site. When I received my P3S I unboxed it and went through the procedures to activate all parts, establish connectivity and do an engine start. All indoors. A firmware update activated which I let run making sure not to interrupt it. During this time I charged the batteries in all three components in preparation for my first flight. Another thing I did was spend a couple of hours on the flight simulator familiarising myself with the flight controls, also making sure I understood how to use the auto take-off and landing options along with RTH. Just remember to take the gimble guard off before you activate the AC. I still fall for that one sometimes.

Feeling comfortable with the equipment I chose a quiet large grassy area for my first flight. I assembled the aircraft, attached a gimble guard and UV lens filter (additional items purchased), set the AC to beginner mode and prepared to launch. For my first launch I used the auto take-off option then went flying. I switched the video on before take off so I would have a complete record of my first flight. I flew some circuits and practiced landing and also activated the RTH feature to see how it worked. I did try a manual landing on my third landing and succeeded in tipping the AC over - lesson learned. I have used the auto landing feature from that point on. Having flown other remote controlled AC I knew pretty much what to expect. The key to success was initial familiarisation and not getting too ambitious. Every flight since I have pushed the AC a little further. I switched off beginner mode for my third flight.

My approach has been to regard the AC as a camera platform rather than something to fly. Considering the built in safe guards the machine pretty much looks after itself letting me get on with the job of positioning it for recording video and pics.

Good luck and hope this helps.
Now that's the way you do it! If more people would do it this way, we would have less complaints on this forum. Great job my man!

UPDATE! My aircraft arrived yesterday and I couldn't be more excited. Prior its arrival I watched video after video after video. Looked at countless sites... all of it. After unboxing I was careful to follow the directions to get things right. I went through all the steps needed. Flew with the simulator a little while too. I re-watched some of the videos and I'm happy to say that I just got back in from taking my first flight.

Man is that fun! I'm lucky enough that my yard is big (2 acres) and trees are all the way in the back of the property so I have plenty of room to learn. Took off and landed, both assisted and manually. Took it to the limits of the beginner mode and it's just funtastic!

My concerns with the firmware update were quickly squashed. I updated as instructed and everything seems to work perfectly. It won't be long before I order another battery. :) Probably like tomorrow.

Reactions: Pharm and Neon Euc
Isn't it a kick in the butt! Love it! I would be interested in knowing what range you can get with a new right out of the box machine. P3S drones are not noted for long range. Let me know what you can get out of it. And watch out for those blades. You saw my video I'm sure. The one where I got cut on my arm. I learned the hard way. I had only been flying it about a week when that happened. Never again though.

It doesn't hurt to mentally prepare yourself for dealing with the loss of your 'copter somewhere along the way. You might eventually become the Word's Greatest Pilot, always going "by the book", and every flight becomes another notch on your totem pole of successes, but....

One day, something goes awry:

- A battery suddenly goes south - taking the drone down with it - into a lake.

- A tall tree "moves" toward your drone at a most in-opportune time, and your bird takes up residence in a new nest - 40' above the ground.

- You are 100' up in the air and you get the "high electromagnetic interference" warning on your display and, while you are looking at that onerous message and trying to figure out what to do now that your are no longer in GPS ATTI mode, the winds "up there" blow your 'copter far enough away that it disappears beyond the tall trees you are standing by and you can't see it any more. You try an RTH - but that's no good because the drone has lost GPS lock so it doesn't know where "home" is in relation to where it (the bird) is.

You decide to take over manual control of the drone.... but, wait... which way is it's nose pointing? You need to know that before you start sending it directional commands. Then, while you are trying to figure THAT out, your display device shows the camera's view - a blurry picture of.... what? Is that part of a building? It's out of focus, and looks as if someone is rapidly moving the camera from one side to the other... and it is a STILL picture when, only moments before, you were shooting VIDEO.

You spend a great deal of time looking for your precious "toy" (well, that's what SOME people call our favorite featherless flying flocks). You look "everywhere" and still can't find it. You sweat it, you fret about, and you can't forget about it. You lose sleep over it. You wonder how life can possibly go on without it (Hey! This could turn into a hit song maybe, eh?)

But, the worse thing of all, you have to tell your "significant other" about it. When you do, silence follows your words across the room, only a little slower than the "I-can't-believe-you-just-blew-$500-of-OUR-money-on-THAT-THING-and-POOFF!-in-one-little-instant-it's-gone!" look comes whistling back at you like a clap of thunder.

You slowly lower your head, turn around, open the door, then shuffle your way over to the doghouse and get comfortable in it. You wonder how long you will have to reside there before you are allowed back into "the big house", and how long you can stand those totally silence, but withering, glares from your "true love" who resides therein.

And you quietly plot a method of coming up with another $500....

Yeah. Flying drones is like that sometimes. It really is!

Last edited:
Reactions: Pharm
Isn't it a kick in the butt! Love it! I would be interested in knowing what range you can get with a new right out of the box machine. P3S drones are not noted for long range. Let me know what you can get out of it. And watch out for those blades. You saw my video I'm sure. The one where I got cut on my arm. I learned the hard way. I had only been flying it about a week when that happened. Never again though.
I'll let you know what kind of range I get for sure. We've got some raining coming in over the next few days so I'm not sure I'll be able to get out and fly, but when I get comfortable enough I'll take it off beginner mode and see what I get as far as distance. And yes... I did see your video and will keep clear of the blades. Ha.

The scariest thing when you are going for distance is losing sight of the drone. Once it gets out there just so far, you can't tell which way it is facing, thus you don't know which way to turn it to bring it home. That's where you have to trust your "instruments". Look at the little blue triangle on the radar screen. That will tell you. Or watch the digital distance reading on the GO app. When it starts decreasing, you are heading home. Or the fail safe way is to just hit the Return-to-home button. Then go in and have lunch. When you came out again, the drone will be sitting on the ground waiting for you. Just don't forget to set the RTH altitude high enough to clear all the trees and stuff.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Funny story! When I had only been flying my P3S for a couple of days, I took it out in the open desert on a rather windy day. I launched it up to about 100 feet and was playing around. Then I realized that the wind had taken it farther downwind that I wanted, and I could not tell which way to turn it to get it back. It seemed that every control input that I made only made matters worse. I could not manually fly it home. Soon I was more than 900 feet downwind and basically totally out of control. I literally started running across the desert trying to chase the thing down. I ran in its direction for about 150 yards or so. And for me at my age, that wasn't easy. I thought I had a Fly-away condition. It never occurred to me to just turn loose of the controls and let it hover, or to look at the radar screen for direction. I could not catch up with it, so I decided to just crash land it where ever it was at that time. Then I remembered something about the Return-to-home feature. I never used it before, and didn't know what it would do. I was really new. This was my third or fourth flight. So I hit the button and then kept running to where I thought the thing would come down.

Soon I heard that familiar sound of a bunch of bees coming at me from high above. I looked up, and there was my drone going over the top of my head at altitude, and going in the opposite direction than what I was running. I thought, "Where in the Hell is it going now/". I turned and started back for my truck totally out of breath. The next time I looked up, the drone was gone out of sight again. But when I got back to my truck, there it was, sitting on the ground safe and sound. I could have sworn I heard it say, "Where in the heck have you been? Took you long enough!"

Last edited:
The scariest thing when you are going for distance is losing sight of the drone. Once it gets out there just so far, you can't tell which way it is facing, thus you don't know which way to turn it to bring it home. That's where you have to trust your "instruments". Look at the little blue triangle on the radar screen. That will tell you. Or watch the digital distance reading on the GO app. When it starts decreasing, you are heading home. Or the fail safe way is to just hit the Return-to-home button. Then go in and have lunch. When you came out again, the drone will be sitting on the ground waiting for you. Just don't forget to set the RTH altitude high enough to clear all the trees and stuff.
Great advice sir. Thank you so much!

Funny story! When I had only been flying my P3S for a couple of days, I took it out in the open desert on a rather winding day. I launched it up to about 100 feet and was playing around. Then I realized that the wind had taken it farther downwind that I wanted, and I could not tell which way to turn it to get it back. It seemed that every control input that I made only made matters worse. I could not manually fly it home. Soon I was more than 900 feet downwind and basically totally out of control. I literally started running across the desert trying to chase the thing down. I ran in its direction for about 150 yards or so. And for me at my age, that wasn't easy. I thought I had a Fly-away condition. It never occurred to me to just turn loose of the controls and let it hover, or to look at the radar screen for direction. I could not catch up with it, so I decided to just crash land it where ever it was at that time. Then I remembered something about the Return-to-home feature. I never used it before, and didn't know what it would do. I was really new. This was my third or fourth flight. So I hit the button and then kept running to where I thought the thing would come down.

Soon I heard that familiar sound of a bunch of bees coming at me from high above. I looked up, and there was my drone going over the top of my head at altitude, and going in the opposite direction than what I was running. I thought, "Where in the Hell is it going now/". I turned and started back for my truck totally out of breath. The next time I looked up, the drone was gone out of sight again. But when I got back to my truck, there it was, sitting on the ground safe and sound. I could have sworn I heard it say, "Where in the heck have you been? Took you long enough!"
That's an awesome story!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20