Helipad question

Reaction score
New to this. I called a helipad that I’m just inside the range of per the FAA app. I was told no one was there that could give me permission to fly for a few minutes. My question is can I go since I gave a heads up, I’m not close anyway, and will steer clear of aircraft or does that mean no go? Thanks
PS got permission from a seaplane base that I’m much closer to.

My question is can I go since I gave a heads up, I’m not close anyway, and will steer clear of aircraft or does that mean no go?
You don't need their permission. However, if they ever tell you they don't want you to fly for some reason, you'll likely be better off flying elsewhere.

New to this. I called a helipad that I’m just inside the range of per the FAA app. I was told no one was there that could give me permission to fly for a few minutes. My question is can I go since I gave a heads up, I’m not close anyway, and will steer clear of aircraft or does that mean no go? Thanks
PS got permission from a seaplane base that I’m much closer to.

You do not need their permission you only have to notify them.
Make sure you maintain VLOS with your craft and be vigilant for manned aircraft.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
As a recreational flier, you are simply letting them know where you will be flying. You can only be denied if it poses a specific danger at that time and location. Do I think that make sense that you don't have to ask for permission? No, but that is the state of the current regulations for recreational fliers. And if no one is there when you call to notify them, you've made the attempt and that is your only obligation. I will add that waiting a few minutes to speak to that person is probably a good thing to do to build a good relationship for future flying notifications.

I call a tower here in the KC area and tell them where i am flying as part 336 and i tell them how high and they tell me Thanks and to call them when im done ! each time i call them they have all been very nice to me too.

Reactions: TXpatriot

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94