Height reading

Reaction score
I see that the height reading in the DJI app is still somewhat erroneous. With the quad in front of me it was showing it at 20ft.

I would have thought that being an "Advanced" that DJI would have addressed this issue by now.

Or am I being naive ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I see that the height reading in the DJI app is still somewhat erroneous. With the quad in front of me it was showing it at 20ft.

I would have thought that being an "Advanced" that DJI would have addressed this issue by now.

Or am I being naive ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Did 20ft seem off with reference to your take off point? I have seen that level of error more than once however it was more frequent after I had calibrated the IMU with the AC straight out of the fridge and usually at the end of the first battery flown in a session. Warm air is less dense read as higher altitude by the barometer and flight controller. It might be that the temp compensation is less than effective. It is a significant enough issue to be mindful of it when you intend flying low and especially when planning autonomous issues.

Did 20ft seem off with reference to your take off point? I have seen that level of error more than once however it was more frequent after I had calibrated the IMU with the AC straight out of the fridge and usually at the end of the first battery flown in a session. Warm air is less dense read as higher altitude by the barometer and flight controller. It might be that the temp compensation is less than effective. It is a significant enough issue to be mindful of it when you intend flying low and especially when planning autonomous issues.

Is your fridge one of those dutch door models? Doesn't look like phantom will fit in my fridge. especially with the left overs in it.

Reactions: crash1sttime
Is your fridge one of those dutch door models? Doesn't look like phantom will fit in my fridge. especially with the left overs in it.
It was my beer fridge.... can fit two kegs
beer fridge, fits two kegs and chilled glasses easily...

If your altimeter is giving false readings, find a nice level surface and perform an IMU calibration.
That often fixes altitude issues.

Reactions: crash1sttime

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31