HDMI issues

• Thread starter Deleted member 27337
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27337

Just updated my P4 to the latest fw and my controller to 1.6. When I'm using my headplay glasses over hdmi out, my fpv video in DJI go will cutout or go solid green with my drone close by. Is anyone else having fpv video issues in DJI go when using the hdmi module?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just updated my P4 to the latest fw and my controller to 1.6. When I'm using my headplay glasses over hdmi out, my fpv video in DJI go will cutout or go solid green with my drone close by. Is anyone else having fpv video issues in DJI go when using the hdmi module?
Do you see video on headplay? if not, then its HDMI link issue.

When I plug into an HDMI monitor the video cuts in and out on my iphone—green zones, blank segments of video. The image on the HDMI monitor, however, remains in tact. This was after the latest firmware update.

When I plug into an HDMI monitor the video cuts in and out on my iphone—green zones, blank segments of video. The image on the HDMI monitor, however, remains in tact. This was after the latest firmware update.

I'm having the same exact symptoms on my iphone6+ and my iPad Air 2. The hdmi video in my headplays looks perfect but the fpv video in the DJI go app has green zones and blank segments of video.

I'm having the same exact symptoms on my iphone6+ and my iPad Air 2. The hdmi video in my headplays looks perfect but the fpv video in the DJI go app has green zones and blank segments of video.
The box my adapter came with says Phantom 3, how about yours?

The box my adapter came with says Phantom 3, how about yours?

I ordered my DJI HDMI module from B&H Photo. I will look at the box when I get home. I thought it was the same part # for the P3 & P4?

Yes, I agree it's the same part and I updated my P4 with that module, works fine but now I need to test it with my head play.
Update you all tomorrow.

Best regards,
Steve

Just received my headplay and flew with it the first time about 10 min ago. I'm having the same issues. Green bars appear and the video is choppy on ipad mini 4. Clear on headplay goggles at all times though. Seems like the further I get, the more stable it is, although still greenbared and choppy at some points. Never had a chance to try it with the old firmware.

Just curious , but is the HDMI port mod good for just FPV goggles, or can you hook up a HDMI monitor /TV ? And if so , are there limitations?

You should be able to connect to any HDMI device, goggles/monitor/tv/dvr/etc.

Anyone know if there's a fix for this? It's happening every time a fly, the whole flight.

Anyone know if there's a fix for this? It's happening every time a fly, the whole flight.

Sadly there isn't a fix for it yet but there are somethings you can check,

-check to ensure the HDMI module is installed correctly and the large ribbon cable is connected properly.
-swap out your tablet cable to ensure this isn't the issue.

As per DJI, they state they are aware of this issue and are working on a fix...I also hope they find one soon!

Is it only a problem when dual HDMI output is enabled, and/or in use, or does it happen even with that option disabled?

This happens when you are using both the HDMI port and USB at the same time but only the USB device is affected. When I use my Fatshark goggles the iPad has signal issues and picture breakup...doesn't really affect the ability to fly and control your bird but is rather annoying.

This happens when you are using both the HDMI port and USB at the same time but only the USB device is affected. When I use my Fatshark goggles the iPad has signal issues and picture breakup...doesn't really affect the ability to fly and control your bird but is rather annoying.

The reason for my question was that I recently experienced some intermittent video freezes on the iPad at close range - I had not seen that before. I had nothing plugged in to the HDMI output, but when I checked the settings I did have dual output enabled. I haven't had a chance to test again with that disabled.

Reactions: Cale262
I also haven't tried this with the new app revision...I'll play around with that tonight and see.

SO
I also haven't tried this with the new app revision...I'll play around with that tonight and see.

I tried this tonight with the new APP rev and the same issue persists, I even grabbed the P3P and used the same equipment (FS Dominator HD v2 and iPad mini4), no issue with the P3P so I am going to confidently say that this is a P4 (hardware ?) issue only at least in my case.

I'm having green lines etc on my iPad Air 2 after updating to the newest DJI go iOS app update. I have the hdmi/usb adapter also. I have hdmi out enabled within the app, but noted the green lines, etc even when operating without hdmi out connected simultaneously.

I manually changed the wifi channel selection and the issue went away, albeit no longer allowing app select more quiet wifi channels automatically.

Reactions: Cale262

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl