Has your DJI Pilot App shown 'Disconnected' during flight recently?

• Thread starter Deleted member 27337
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27337

It seems like a lot of people here are experiencing the DJI Pilot app going grey and showing 'Disconnected' during flight. I'm not talking about for a few seconds, it will drop and not reconnect without powering the controller off then back on, which will initiate a RTH.

If this has happened to you recently please post your Model, Firmware, Version (iOS/Android) and any other helpful information.

P3A
v1.1.9
iOS v1.1.2
Using 1ft Anker lightening cable
Outside temp around 90F

Reactions: skyhighdiver
It has only happened to me once so far and the only thing different was the 1ft Anker lightening cable. I will go back to the genuine Apple lightening cable and see if it happens again.

I had the same prob on my first flight. still trying to find out why the 6/16 firmware upgrade says "successful" on the chip and says "needs upgrade" on the transmitter! The app still shuts down. Its a new p3 advanced.

Reactions: Volantis
I had the same prob on my first flight. still trying to find out why the 6/16 firmware upgrade says "successful" on the chip and says "needs upgrade" on the transmitter! The app still shuts down. Its a new p3 advanced.
I have the same thing. I just upgraded to 1.2.6 and both upgrades reported successful. However, when I use the pilot app it says I still need an upgrade. For now, I'm using the android app, but I hope to be using iOS at the end of the week.

It seems like a lot of people here are experiencing the DJI Pilot app going grey and showing 'Disconnected' during flight. I'm not talking about for a few seconds, it will drop and not reconnect without powering the controller off then back on, which will initiate a RTH.

If this has happened to you recently please post your Model, Firmware, Version (iOS/Android) and any other helpful information.

P3A
v1.1.9
iOS v1.1.2
Using 1ft Anker lightening cable
Outside temp around 90F

My trouble started when I started using the Anker Lightening Cable. Once i removed it and started using my Apple cable again, the problem went away

I have the same thing. I just upgraded to 1.2.6 and both upgrades reported successful. However, when I use the pilot app it says I still need an upgrade. For now, I'm using the android app, but I hope to be using iOS at the end of the week.
try uninstalling and reinstalling the app for what that's worth-- may work

Knock it off with the troll comments. Just because they are new and have an issue does not make them a troll.

Reactions: davemex
I have cleaned the thread up and warnings were issued. Be patient with new members. New members, be sure to search the forum before posting issues and be sure to post in the right location... which in this case is the P3 help area. Thanks for your cooperation. ;)

Reactions: dec and dirkclod
I have cleaned the thread up and warnings were issued. Be patient with new members. New members, be sure to search the forum before posting issues and be sure to post in the right location... which in this case is the P3 help area. Thanks for your cooperation. ;)

When I search "disconnected alert" from main search bar up top, I do not get the same "similar threads" suggestion as I do when I start to create a new thread... it saved me from getting pounced on by those reactive, impatient types. Why is there this discrepancy between the search above and the one created from starting a thread???

I re-linked the controller to the P3 and the issue went away.

What OS are you using for the tablet/phone? Were you getting some connection but after a while it stopped working?

I went through all the online support troubleshooting steps. They recommended trying multiple devices, new cables, re-installing the app, and clearing the video cache. None of that worked. Finally I called DJI support in L.A. (get ready for a 30 minute wait) and they issued me an RMA for warranty repair and gave me a shipping label. There is a 5-6 week wait for repairs so I'd love to be able to fix this without having to ship the drone off. I'd also love for it to be working before the 4th of July weekend...

This! I did the same thing and have not had the problem since.

This has me really excited about a possible solution. Can you confirm exactly what symptoms you had and what device you were using to control the P3 when you got the "disconnected" issue? I'm going to try this as soon as I get home now! Fingers crossed!

Problem for newbies is that the search function is hidden behind that grey bar along the top of the screen, at least it is on my setup.

Maybe get Jacob to look at this?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31