Has anybody used these to prevent or fix shell cracking?

Reaction score
I came across these little guys this morning and was wondering if anyone has used these? I have seen countless posts on here of stress cracks. Maybe these are the answer?
e44ef4033e69ecbd1ae520f32bb1c2cb.jpg

Yes, it's been posted many times that people have used them and that they help. The downside is the added weight.

BE VERY careful with these. Use loctite and DO NOT over tighten the 2 inner most screws or you could end up micro cracking the arms like I did. Just a friendly reminder. Lightly tighten the inner two with locktite.

Be advised: It's been posted that loctite will damage the area around the screw holes and can cause cracks. The glue and its fumes during curing can damage the plastic even if the glue never touches the plastic.

Be advised: It's been posted that loctite will damage the area around the screw holes and can cause cracks. The glue and its fumes during curing can damage the plastic even if the glue never touches the plastic.
Loctite is not a glue. Plus, the two screw holes mentioned have metal inserts in the plastic. No loctite, which is a binder, not a glue, ever touches the plastic. Believe me, I've spent a bundle on this arm cracking business. Also, why is it that DJI uses a blue loctite material on the screws to begin with?

Loctite is not a glue. Plus, the two screw holes mentioned have metal inserts in the plastic. No loctite, which is a binder, not a glue, ever touches the plastic. Believe me, I've spent a bundle on this arm cracking business. Also, why is it that DJI uses a blue loctite material on the screws to begin with?
If you want to call it a binder, that's wonderful, but that has nothing to do with my point. I'm merely relating what I've read from posts by several very experienced and reputable members of this site.

Re your last sentence, I can't answer your question with authority, but I can guess the product that's applied to the DJI screws was allowed to dry before installation.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj