Hardshell Backpack now has DJI logo

Reaction score
The latest DJI hardshell backpacks now have the logo on them. I saw some people asking on some other threads.

I ordered direct from the dji website on the 9th when it said 5-7days for delivery. After 2 weeks I emailed and they told me they were still out of stock and they would get it to me as it arrived. Well it went out from China on Friday via FedEx and it arrived Monday morning. Thanks DJI!

IMG_1784.JPG

I have part 50 which is the phantom logo one and it is constructed well. If small and portable is what you want this is the way to go. I have a nexus 7 tablet and it fits nicely. The part 52 backpack will come with the dji logo But it is the exact same pack.

Reactions: leglessmatt
I'll rate it very nice as well. Everything fits perfectly. The padding on the back is thicker than I thought it would be. Seems like it'll be fairly comfortable. My ipad in a neophrene sleeve fit perfect with room to spare for the props. Without the sleeve the mini will rattle around a bit. It would be nice if DJI sold just the foam insert so people could stuff it into the backpack of their choice. I've got an adidas pack that it would fit in just right. I think it would be more inconspicuous.

Reactions: leglessmatt
I'm torn between cases at the moment, the one I really like the look of is the GPC Phantom 3 backpack but can't find a UK supplier.

Is this case small enough to be taken on to a plane as a carry on??

I got the one with the little copter logo, kinda a giveaway whats in the bag.
Can't fit the nvidia shield without modding it.
I don't trust the top handle, seems weak.

Looks like the shell is a different construction. It looks smooth as the one with the phantom on has a rough texture to it.

Why do some have one logo then and others different (Apologies if I've missed this in another thread)?

I got the one with the little copter logo, kinda a giveaway whats in the bag.
Can't fit the nvidia shield without modding it.
I don't trust the top handle, seems weak.

I have the hardshell backpack with the stupid quad logo, you can get the dji sticker from @dataway he sells them for $1.50 each. He is a member on this board who also sells the gel filters. Start a conversation with him. I'm sure he will help you out.

I also can fit my Nvidia Shield tablet in mine with no mod. Check picture

The backpack is durable and compact. I would recommend it...
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1435670974.828783.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1435670986.541124.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Bratinov
I'm torn between cases at the moment, the one I really like the look of is the GPC Phantom 3 backpack but can't find a UK supplier.

Is this case small enough to be taken on to a plane as a carry on??

If you read the other DJI Hardshell threads you'll read a message I posted last weekend stating that while the pack is technically 0.5" too deep for carry on, I had no problems fitting it under the seat in economy on United A320 and in First Class on the A320 and 787-800 (though First Class was actually a tighter fit).

Reactions: Braddrum
I have the hardshell backpack with the stupid quad logo, you can get the dji sticker from @dataway he sells them for $1.50 each. He is a member on this board who also sells the gel filters. Start a conversation with him. I'm sure he will help you out.

I also can fit my Nvidia Shield tablet in mine with no modes. Check picture

The backpack is durable and compact. I would recommend it...View attachment 23459View attachment 23460
I'll take another look tonight, it interfiered with the copter when I tried it (it doesn't fit in the inner hole).
I do have a case on it... did you do anything to the top?

Last edited:
I'll take another look tonight, it interfiered with the copter when I tried it (it doesn't fit in the inner hole).
I do have a case on it... did you do anything to the top?
No, I just store my srp filter and a few other things on the top slot.

You can get your shield in there(without the case). Just have to push down, no cutting. As you seen in my picture, it doesn't interfere with copter. It's the deepest pocket on the side. The foam will expand if you push hard enough...

Honestly, I am little hesitant to place my tablet near my bird because of the magnets in the speaker. So I usually carry my tablet with me instead...

No, I just store my srp filter and a few other things on the top slot.

You can get your shield in there(without the case). Just have to push down, no cutting. As you seen in my picture, it doesn't interfere with copter. It's the deepest pocket on the side. The foam will expand if you push hard enough...

Honestly, I am little hesitant to place my tablet near my bird because of the magnets in the speaker. So I usually carry my tablet with me instead...
I see, thanks for the tip :)

Looks like the shell is a different construction. It looks smooth as the one with the phantom on has a rough texture to it.
I agree. Is completely different in surface. I think the old logo backpack was better. Anyway both don't worth the cost.

Reactions: Bratinov
Here are some close up shots of the logo, the dji zippers and the back padding. You can see the surface texture a little better in these as well.
IMG_1789.JPG
IMG_1788.JPG
IMG_1787.JPG

I got the one with the quad logo on it. Tore it off immediately. Not because I found it ugly but because it clearly gives away that the bag contains a quad copter. I won't be getting the DJI logo as it has the same problem. No reason to tempt bad people. But the bag is great. Just wish they had cut the top room to fit a tablet and a sun shade. It's big enough but not deep enough.

I got the one with the quad logo on it. Tore it off immediately. Not because I found it ugly but because it clearly gives away that the bag contains a quad copter. I won't be getting the DJI logo as it has the same problem. No reason to tempt bad people. But the bag is great. Just wish they had cut the top room to fit a tablet and a sun shade. It's big enough but not deep enough.

Same here. I didn't rip it off, just covered it up. Also put some gorilla tape on the bumpers. They were scratching up quickly when I put them down on concrete.

Attachments

• IMG_7352.JPG
    IMG_7352.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 611
I like the new one better, too bad this isn't what i got.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.