Hard Reset Failure

Reaction score
Hello All:

Attempting my first P2V+ hard reset and it's not going well. Plugged in the F1-F2 jumper. Tried wipe/updating with Assistant 3.6 and 3.8 - no difference:

First message: "Main Controller Firmware Mismatch. Please update your firmware."

Second message: "Upgrade failure! Please power cycle and try again!"

Also get other strange messages: "All status OK, no need to upgrade." "Download error! Please refresh." and "502 Bad Gateway". See attached screenshots.

Do I have an incurable brick?

Thanks in advance.

Robert Oswald
Arizona

Attachments

• Firmware Upgrade - Failure.pdf
    284.4 KB · Views: 217
Try the later firmwares like 3.12 and 3.14 and see if it does the same. I think DJI has ceased support for the older firmwares by disabling the download.

Thanks for the quick reply. The DJI download page (see screenshot) shows that when I download Assistant v3.8, then I also am downloading MC v3.14 and CB v1.0.2.10 shown below v3.8 along with it - right?

Is there another source for downloading P2V+ software?

Thanks again!

Attachments

• DJI Download page.JPG
    DJI Download page.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 356
You need to follow the procedure exactly for doing the hard reset. You need the correct firmware your going to use loaded and ready to go when you jumper the Phantom and do the hard reset. There are you tube video that show the exact steps if that helps. Good luck, it will work!

DJI Download page.PNG
Hi Roy - thanks for your reply.

Following the Hard Reset videos is pretty straightforward. Same result every time: "Reset Failed - Power Cycle and try again." Have done so at least a dozen times - same result and message.

What the videos don't mention is how to actually download the firmware. From the DJI Download site, I have downloaded Assistant 3.6 and 3.8, and tried them both using the procedure in the Hard Reset U-Tube videos.

Dumb newbie question: Do 3.6 and 3.8 both have the MC, CB and other firmware automatically included?

Although the other firmware is listed below 3.6 and 3.8, there are no Zip and Exe buttons for those - so I'm guessing they're included in 3.6 and 3.8.

So, will the MC (v3.14 in this case) and other firmwareware automatically load when I run the Update function on 3.6 and 3.8?

I've tried both 3.6 and 3.8 (which is correct or better?), but get the same "Reset Failed..." message every time.

Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic