Hard cases

Reaction score
I know there have been a ton of threads on this but I cannot find the answers im looking for. I bought a P4P with a GPC Case (the Compact without wheels). I am looking for another one simply because I feel its cheaper and thin. I have a Pelican case for my DSLR and its fantastic. So here are my questions:

1 - I have my eye on a Nanuk 945 or 950. Will I be happy with the quality since I like Pelican and not GPC?

2 - I also have been looking at Case Club. Same question as above.

3 - Where can I find the Pelican case like in this picture at a decent price? Amazon says unavailable.
Untitled.jpg

Reactions: chrismatthewssr
I have a Nanuk 945 for my P3S and love it. Very well built and 4 strong latches.
It's big but that's ok for my use.

Reactions: DOYAM
I have a Nanuk 945 for my P3S and love it. Very well built and 4 strong latches.
It's big but that's ok for my use.

Awesome. Big is not an issue for me either. Do you have the flat 3 battery charger? Does it fit in the pocket on the right well with an extra set of props? What is your thought on how the case bends the props?

One of the main reasons I am looking for a new case is one that I can keep the props on.

I do not have a 3 battery charger. The case does not bend my props at all. I'm very happy with it. You could contact Nanuk and ask them about your charger. Very helpful customer support. I contacted them to confirm my P3S & controller would fit ok as their was some confusion on my part at the time.

I have a Microrapter case I'll sell for $150. It's like new, has wheels and extendable handle. The wheels have not a scratch! It's specifically cut for a P3 craft. If interested PM me and I'll send you photos. It also allows for the props to stay on, and has guide pegs to prevent props from accidentally getting pinched by the lid.

I have the case club compact without wheels and it seems very well made to me. Can't store with props on, but the larger one with wheels, you can.

Reactions: Kado
I know there have been a ton of threads on this but I cannot find the answers im looking for. I bought a P4P with a GPC Case (the Compact without wheels). I am looking for another one simply because I feel its cheaper and thin. I have a Pelican case for my DSLR and its fantastic. So here are my questions:

1 - I have my eye on a Nanuk 945 or 950. Will I be happy with the quality since I like Pelican and not GPC?

3 - Where can I find the Pelican case like in this picture at a decent price? Amazon says unavailable.View attachment 94195
I bought this one for my P4P. I love it. Very heavy duty.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180201-070208.png
    Screenshot_20180201-070208.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 462
I was weary about paying the 260 for the Pelican but it was well worth it. If you arent worried about size, this baby has you covered. I bought it from a local dealer in Dallas though.

647c5a341bf0a91d3ef9672edd0421c5.jpg

I was weary about paying the 260 for the Pelican but it was well worth it. If you arent worried about size, this baby has you covered. I bought it from a local dealer in Dallas though.

Yes, I really want a Pelican but could not find one at a decent price. I just bought a Nanuk 945 so hopefully I will be happy with that. I wanted to be able to store it with the props on.

I'm sure you wont be disappointed, this is the case I have.
I originally ordered a Pelican case but the controller did not fit.
I feel the Nanuk cases are right up their in quality with the Pelican cases.

3 - Where can I find the Pelican case like in this picture at a decent price? Amazon says unavailable.View attachment 94195
This is a case that I got with my obsidian in a bundle and it is from ultimaxx. Definitely not a high-quality box but it seems pretty sturdy and everything fits in the inserts nicely and you can keep the props on
94277de9aaa3dceaeec340cf60ad4e25.jpg

Reactions: DOYAM
I have a Microrapter case I'll sell for $150. It's like new, has wheels and extendable handle.
I have that same Microraptor case originally for a P3S. Bought replacement foam for the P4P so battery cutouts fit right. Very happy with it. Feels solid. I have several Pelican cases for other things. Not as nice as a Pelican but close enough. Definitely not flimsy.

Yes, I really want a Pelican but could not find one at a decent price. I just bought a Nanuk 945 so hopefully I will be happy with that. I wanted to be able to store it with the props on.

I have the Nanuk 950 for my P3S and it is well made just like the two Pelicans I have for my DSLRs. I have found the wheels useful as the case is heavy with everything in it. I would definitely buy another Nanuk in the future if needed.

Chris

I have the Nanuk 945 it is a very high quality case and plenty of space to store stuff. Not sure why the Pelican is so much more expensive than the 945, the Nanuk is built like a tank and I like the latches better than the Pelican latches.

Oh and the 945 you can store the P4 with the blades already attached, it is nice not to have to wear and tear the mounts by removing and installing the blades every time you use it, inside there are blade guards to keep them in place which is nice.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20