Hands up who started up with gimbal lock on!

Reaction score
I'm sure it doesn't do any damage and I was trying my best to avoid doing it but missed it whilst doing the firmware upgrade... As soon as I pressed the button to start the P3 up I knew the gimbal lock was in position...

I'm sure they wrote into the startup routine that if the gimbal shows any resistance then it would stop trying... at least that's what I'm hoping :rolleyes:

Reactions: envisionabove
:pI'll tell you only if you Like me!:rolleyes:
I did not as it was on the bottom of the box.
I did however forget the foam once, I think it helps! After all it got here from China without the real gimbel on and only the white foam. So props to to the white foam.:D

I'm sure it doesn't do any damage and I was trying my best to avoid doing it but missed it whilst doing the firmware upgrade... As soon as I pressed the button to start the P3 up I knew the gimbal lock was in position...

I'm sure they wrote into the startup routine that if the gimbal shows any resistance then it would stop trying... at least that's what I'm hoping :rolleyes:

I did the exact same thing when doing the last firmware upgrade - was just following the instructions provided and didn't even think about removing the lock.

I will admit I have done this as well.. Just try to make sure you remove it before power on;)

Ahah ... I got it with P2V+, and now with P3, then I will on P4 ... :(
When I unboxed the P3 the gimbal lock was not in place ... soooo I didn't forget it in first fly !!!

Done it once during the last firmware upgrade, flew around 10 times since and everything's working fine and the horizon is still perfectly level.

I used to forget that darn thing all the time so I drilled a small hole in it and attached a Red/white embroidered tag saying "Remove Before Flight" and I have not forgotten since...

best!!!
This is my other bird. I have it on the P3 as well. Best $2 spent.
20140706_104155_Maxwells%20Ave.jpg

Reactions: snowghost
Have not forgot on the P3 yet but did that several times on my Vision. I bought a 3d printed lens cover/gimbal lock for the Vision and it's not been an issue. I swear by them and don't know why people don't consider it a must have item. I have one on order for the P3.

Tjey are lens covers as well and I alway make sure I see a picture in the display before I launch. It's easy to see if the screen is all black.

+1 here, was so excited to get it off the ground I forgot the lock, knew it at once as 'the dance' didn't happen. Now I have a remove before flight flag on both the lens cover and gimbal lock. Although the camera lens cover is hard to miss with a black monitor.

Never have with my P3. :D

Couple times with the P2V+ but then I also got a tag like below. I just ran it through the bracket. I even remembered to remove it for the firmware update and to screw around on the simulator.

best!!!
This is my other bird. I have it on the P3 as well. Best $2 spent.
20140706_104155_Maxwells%20Ave.jpg

Have these on both mine since day one
1432312539782.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31