Hand catch or land?

Reaction score
I had quite a few flights with my FC40 and every single time it would tip over on landing, even if I just did throttle down. ( I learned the hard way about trying to do a CSC ). The prop wash was always way too high and would blow the phantom around as I tried to set it down so I gave up and went to hand catching.

Is this still a problem on the phantom 4?

Wondering if people are landing or hand catching thier phantom 4.

well on the p3 it lands real smooth but like to hand catch that way no worry's

i landed mine on my very 1st flight and realized dust and dirt could get on the camera and motors, so i have been hand catching it ever since.. a very simple procedure

Reactions: Sinisalo
Both. But mostly land on the ground or the landing pad I made. Gives me a chance to hone my novice skillzz [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should learn both but don't blame the quad. It
I had quite a few flights with my FC40 and every single time it would tip over on landing, even if I just did throttle down. ( I learned the hard way about trying to do a CSC ). The prop wash was always way too high and would blow the phantom around as I tried to set it down so I gave up and went to hand catching.

Is this still a problem on the phantom 4?

Wondering if people are landing or hand catching thier phantom 4.

Hand catch if you prefer but don't suggest it's a 'problem' with the quad.

You should learn both but don't blame the quad. It

Hand catch if you prefer but don't suggest it's a 'problem' with the quad.

Yeah, I guess it does read like I am blaming the quad, I am more asking if the prop wash effect is less than on the PH4 making it easier to land. Any tips on landing? It always seemed to drift around wildly when I tried to land it on the ground. Perhaps I am trying to come in too slow? I appreciate any tips you might have. (It would save me a ton of money on props )

You have to establish a decent rate from about 1 Meter up and carry all the way to the ground. As soon as touch down hold left stick full down. Takes practice for sure to judge the rate so you don't bounce.

Reactions: llindeen
You have to establish a decent rate from about 1 Meter up and carry all the way to the ground. As soon as touch down hold left stick full down. Takes practice for sure to judge the rate so you don't bounce.
Thanks! I will have to try that. Now that my good drone is the PH4 I can be a little less gentle with my FC40 for training purposes.

Waiting for the P4 to arrive. With the P3 I land. Did only one hand catch while I was trying to land in on my car's bonnet and hit the windscreen .
You can check video at 4:50 especially me grinning in pain.
No damage.

Due to normally flying around a field I hand catch. Landing in uneven dirt... just is not good idea.

Still need some more flights due to weather still only have done a few. But so far had catch will remain my favorite way to land.

I catch all my phantoms when needed including the P4. Nothing is different other than turning off the avoidance and VPS sensors in the go app. Just be ready for 100 grams more of weight when grabbing it!

After having numerous tip overs and broken blades with my phantom 1 and 2 I now hand catch every time. Over 300 hand catch landings without a single problem.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: snowghost

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20