Had a horrific crash this weekend

Reaction score
I was out having some fun with the bird this weekend. Fired up Litchi and set it to ground station to show my parents how cool it is that the P3 can fly autonomously. Unfortunately, I didn't set the altitude high enough and watch the whole thing happen in slow motion. Nothing like the sound of your drone crashing into a tree, propellers exploding and watching pieces of it fall to the ground.

Damage? The camera mounting bracket was torn off, the connector socket was pulled out of the receiver, the internal bracket holding the main board broke off of all mounting points and the center of the main board completely separated from all the solder joints and got pushed down towards the battery. Luckily the gimbal still works and I'm waiting for a new bird to test the camera.

The sound and sight of the crash will haunt my dreams for a while haha

He's my flight log: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

You can see the whole thing play out (via data) in the sensors->compass section.

Last edited:
Get an "error" when clicking on the link.

"A wiki node with the title http:-healthydrones-com-main-share-MTg1OQ could not be found. Please check the URL and try again or return to the wiki index."

Get an "error" when clicking on the link.

"A wiki node with the title http:-healthydrones-com-main-share-MTg1OQ could not be found. Please check the URL and try again or return to the wiki index."
Sorry, I clicked the wrong "link" button. Should be fixed now

Any video? Pics of broken bird?

It's horrific when it happens during a demo and that too in front of near and dear ones. Sorry for you.

Did people laugh? People always seem to laugh when they see someone crash. Even if they feel for you. I dont understand how that works.

Yeah, I'm scared of Litchi. First run yesterday, went for sphere shot and it started to fly away ... was in an open field so switch to P and regained control. Need some more testing, but letting it control my bird.

I was out having some fun with the bird this weekend. Fired up Litchi and set it to ground station to show my parents how cool it is that the P3 can fly autonomously. Unfortunately, I didn't set the altitude high enough and watch the whole thing happen in slow motion. Nothing like the sound of your drone crashing into a tree, propellers exploding and watching pieces of it fall to the ground.

Damage? The camera mounting bracket was torn off, the connector socket was pulled out of the receiver, the internal bracket holding the main board broke off of all mounting points and the center of the main board completely separated from all the solder joints and got pushed down towards the battery. Luckily the gimbal still works and I'm waiting for a new bird to test the camera.

The sound and sight of the crash will haunt my dreams for a while haha

He's my flight log: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

You can see the whole thing play out (via data) in the sensors->compass section.
thats an expensive flying lesson i wonder how many new flyers crash in their first week of owning a drone sorry for your loss bud!!

Yeah, I'm scared of Litchi. First run yesterday, went for sphere shot and it started to fly away ... was in an open field so switch to P and regained control. Need some more testing, but letting it control my bird.
Stick with it. I'm on my 23rd mission with out a hitch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.