H3-3D problem on Phantom 1 v.1.1.1 with upgrade board (no external GCU)

Reaction score
Hello all,
I've been reading through forums for days and couldn't find a solution yet. I have a Phantom 1 v1.1.1, on which I installed the upgrade board for h3-2d gimbal and then I mounted a H3-3D gimbal. The gimbal works but the gimbal lever that controls the pitch of the camera, works in incremental mode: When i put the lever in 0 Position (middle), the gimbal remains in fixed position. When I move the lever up, it goes up till the end. When I move the lever down, it goes down till the end. I want the camera to follow the lever position. When the lever is in the middle, the camera should be also in the middle. When the lever is UP, I want the position of the camera to be horizontal. When the lever is DOWN, I want the positition of the camera to be film the ground (all way down). Do you think I have any chance of doing this on the Phantom 1? It is very difficult to control the gimbal now, because if the lever is not on the 0 position (even +3 or -3 shown on the respective channel in the assistant, makes the gimbal to slowly move UP or DOWn until it reaches the end.

Hello all,
I've been reading through forums for days and couldn't find a solution yet. I have a Phantom 1 v1.1.1, on which I installed the upgrade board for h3-2d gimbal and then I mounted a H3-3D gimbal. The gimbal works but the gimbal lever that controls the pitch of the camera, works in incremental mode: When i put the lever in 0 Position (middle), the gimbal remains in fixed position. When I move the lever up, it goes up till the end. When I move the lever down, it goes down till the end. I want the camera to follow the lever position. When the lever is in the middle, the camera should be also in the middle. When the lever is UP, I want the position of the camera to be horizontal. When the lever is DOWN, I want the positition of the camera to be film the ground (all way down). Do you think I have any chance of doing this on the Phantom 1? It is very difficult to control the gimbal now, because if the lever is not on the 0 position (even +3 or -3 shown on the respective channel in the assistant, makes the gimbal to slowly move UP or DOWn until it reaches the end.

I have a cheap Chinese gimbal but I can calibrate the lever in the NAZA assistant. Maybe you can do the same for yours. I'm not sure.

I know you say you've been searching, maybe the Google search link in my signature will help.

I have a cheap Chinese gimbal but I can calibrate the lever in the NAZA assistant. Maybe you can do the same for yours. I'm not sure.

I know you say you've been searching, maybe the Google search link in my signature will help.
The X1 channel is calibrated, I can see the lever moving in the assitant... but the gimbal is working in incremental mode. Unfortunatelly I dont know how to control/setup the GCU on the upgrade board...

It will not work with the upgrade board...

You need NAZA V2 firmware 4.04 and the external GCU with firmware 3.14!

Cheers!

Setmad, can you post the FW versions you are currently running on the Naza and GPU please?

I just did the Sarawuth Can bus mod (although the update board now has a 4 pin CAN bus connector). I mounted an iOSD mini and the GCU which came with the H3-3D. The tilt lever now works as expected (in follow mode). I wrote DJI, no answer, shitty company. Its probably the last drone i buy from them. It also seems that support for the P1 upgrade board is zero, they just want to sell the new expensive stuff. They now released another update to the NAZA M v2, which promises to solve some hardware compatibility. I will not however install it as the system works good now. It also seems that the H3-3D GCU gives less power to the motors and in strong wind the gimbal cuts power and then reinitialises. The other problem I have to solve now is the jello when filming with the hero 4 black. Could someone recommend some soft shock absorbers for the gimbal? (the white ones seem not to be soft enough to cancel the vibrations) I have P2 propellers (home balanced) and I did not change the gains. Any ideas?

I've had the update board V3 installed for about a week now, no special mods beyond that. The tilt on my H3-3D has always been proportional to the position of the lever on the transmitter. Meaning, if I slowly move it from lock to lock, the H3 slowly follows from its lock to lock. I stop half way, the H3 stops half way. I stop one quarter of the way, same on the H3. I've read that with out the external GCU module I might be missing out on features from firmware updates, but I'm not seeing where.

I did calibrate the transmitter lever via the Nazam software on my Mac, had to run it left and right a few times, other than that I seem to have the results your looking for with out all the extra hardware.

Perhaps the transmitter lever wasn't installed with the tiny little knob on the circuit board centered? Maybe the Nazam calibration wasn't completed to its fullest? Maybe I just got lucky?

I've had the update board V3 installed for about a week now, no special mods beyond that. The tilt on my H3-3D has always been proportional to the position of the lever on the transmitter. Meaning, if I slowly move it from lock to lock, the H3 slowly follows from its lock to lock. I stop half way, the H3 stops half way. I stop one quarter of the way, same on the H3. I've read that with out the external GCU module I might be missing out on features from firmware updates, but I'm not seeing where.

I did calibrate the transmitter lever via the Nazam software on my Mac, had to run it left and right a few times, other than that I seem to have the results your looking for with out all the extra hardware.

Perhaps the transmitter lever wasn't installed with the tiny little knob on the circuit board centered? Maybe the Nazam calibration wasn't completed to its fullest? Maybe I just got lucky?

Can you write here the SW versions you have for NAZA-M, PCB330, GCU, etc (you can find this in the update tab in NAZA-M assitant.

Here ha go, all numbers taken from the Mac version of Nazam

Main controller, 4.06
GPS, 6.0.1.3
Receiver, 1.0.1.3
P330CB-H3-2D, 1.1.2.1. *note it list my 3D as a 2D, strange still works in 3D
IMU, 1.4

It doesn't list a GCU at all, same with a PMU but my guess is that's because they are part of the upgrade board.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic