Guess what i forgot ?‍♂️

You are absolutely correct and the reason I see it before I take off is because I always turn my video on before I take off. Thanks

Reactions: PhoenixOne
I guess the point is.. still doesnt help if youve already left home.. reached your destination.. opened the app and realized you left the card at home. Lol everyone's had them days yall lets take it easy on the guy! Jk ?

Reactions: Millssy
I guess the point is.. still doesnt help if youve already left home.. reached your destination.. opened the app and realized you left the card at home. Lol everyone's had them days yall lets take it easy on the guy! Jk ?

That's for sure, lesson learned.... ?

Yeah but the point of his sticker is that before he throws it in his car he will definitely have seen the sticker while he's still at home. Chances of him forgetting his SD card now it's very low. too bad my drone backpack is made of cloth, because I would definitely put one of these stickers on it if I could! (It would just fall off of mine...)
I guess the point is.. still doesnt help if youve already left home.. reached your destination.. opened the app and realized you left the card at home. Lol everyone's had them days yall lets take it easy on the guy! Jk [emoji1787]

Yeah but the point of his sticker is that before he throws it in his car he will definitely have seen the sticker while he's still at home. Chances of him forgetting his SD card now it's very low. too bad my drone backpack is made of cloth, because I would definitely put one of these stickers on it if I could! (It would just fall off of mine...)
Get you a patch made!! Or iron on. like a make your own tshirt kit!

I take the card out after every time I shoot video or pics download to my pc erase the card clean the phantom check it over then replace the card and put it all back in its case only needs a battery charge and its ready to go
I thought i was the only one who wiped down their drone on the regular
Haha. Im like wait a bug. Uh no. Squeak squeak ??? wait there's dust in the gimbal ?

I've left home without an SD card a couple of times. I now download my videos to my PC through the USB cable directly to keep the SD card in the Phantom, and have a spare SD card taped to the bottom of my remote controller "just in case."

I've forgotten to put my SD card back in as well but I always have one in my case so it's never really been an issue. The gimbal lock/guard, however, is something I really hate to forget and now I never do.
20191130_121907.jpg

I offload all the video files as soon as I get home and then save them in double redundancy and then put the card back in the drone. I don't format the card until I'm about to do another shoot. This way the data is in literally 4-6 places before I format the card. And the card always goes back in the drone. I also keep a small Ziploc™ back IN the case with 2 extra MicroSD cards. 5 years of shooting I've never been without a card yet.

D

Reactions: dreddman and RodPad
All seems to be personal preference and i respect that but not something that could actually damage the card/s or cause loss of data or even damage to the drone..
If you lose you drone, you lose all you high quality data.
I always download the data from the card to the computer. Otherwise you don’t get the highest resolution.

I offload all the video files as soon as I get home and then save them in double redundancy and then put the card back in the drone. I don't format the card until I'm about to do another shoot. This way the data is in literally 4-6 places before I format the card. And the card always goes back in the drone. I also keep a small Ziploc™ back IN the case with 2 extra MicroSD cards. 5 years of shooting I've never been without a card yet.

D
I have a hard drive with all data at home and one in a different town, in the office. Even if the house burns down I have a copy of everything.

Here is something i never understand.... Why people even take the memory card out of the drone in the first place??????
To download the files quickly. But then I put it right back in the drone as soon as files are transferred. Important to never deviate from that habit.

I had recalibrated my drone at home, and then the next day, took it out (not far away, thankfully) for a quick flight. I applied my props, took it over to my landing pad, and then felt my face blush when I realized my darn controller was sitting on my desk at home. ::sigh::

THAT was when I found the iOSapp, CheckCheck. It let me create not ONLY a pre-flight checklist, but also preceded that with a pre-departure checklist to ensure everything was loaded (including my video card before the drone case gets zipped up).

Paul

Here is something i never understand.... Why people even take the memory card out of the drone in the first place??????
Because you put it in a card reader to transfer the movies and pix to your computer. I've never used the USB to transfer files. It would require making room near my computer for the copter and all that mess. With a card reader, it's done in seconds.

And, as a result, I've done it, too. Got to a cool place, set everything up, only to have the monitor tell me there's no card. I now make it part of the routine to immediately return the card to the copter as soon as it's copied. And, I keep a spare card in the case, too...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor